2001 Grand Marquis .. Code PO442

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 Grand Marquis .. Code PO442

Hi guys ... this is a bit newer than I'm used to working on. I pulled a P0442 from my wife's '01 GM. It looks like all the usual suspects are tight (hoses/vac lines to EGR, intake, etc.) Is there any other place I should be looking? Thanks!

Jack
    Jack (Hizhonor)
    The Lincoln Mark VII Club
    www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org

sigpic

Leak In Evaporative System Detected, that is what the thread about trouble codes. Hint there is a sticky at the top of the page that has that thread for you.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Not real familier with those but are all the lines properly connected to the evap canister? Canister isn't cracked by chance is it?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hi, Thain.... nope...canister is good, lines to it are good. I'm going to check the tightness from the airbox to the TB and see if there are any leaks there. I was concentrating on the smaller lines last night. Thanks!

Originally posted by gadget73
        Not real familier with those but are all the lines properly connected to the evap canister? Canister isn't cracked by chance is it?
        Jack (Hizhonor)

sigpic

Comment

Make sure the big black doo-hicky under the trunk is still in place and everything is connected. The P0442 code is an evaporative system leak. The big black doo-hicky under the trunk just so happens to be the evaporative canisiter and the purge solenoid.

Comment

You didnt just fill up with gas did you? If you did you must make sure gas cap clicks....We see alot of this...If you know some one who has a smoke unit you can use it to find your leak....
            President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

Is fixed! The tube from the air filter box ... where it goes from the MAF housing to the TB ... there was a crack in one of the pleats! The way I found it... I was doing One_Way's quick detailing trick on the engine bay and when I started it up I saw water/windex spray up from the tube. It's an electric fan so I knew that it wasn't blowing water back over the engine. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Temporary fix until I get to the yard tomorrow... black electrical tape wraped in that section a couple of times... no CEL!
              Jack (Hizhonor)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X