Dual Exhaust on 94 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Exhaust on 94 GM

I just got a 94 GM with the 4.6 I want to do dual exhaust What is the best way to go ? muffler shop ? aftermarket ? I know its a 4.6 not a 5.0 ... but I gotta work with it .. What are some of the first upgrades that some of you other GM owners have made ?

-John

Welcome to GMN! You can order a walker dual exhaust off the net for like $200. You could replace the mufflers with something louder if you like that. You can obviously go to a muffler shop and have them bend up your exhaust for you. when you do make sure you have some sort of crossover like a H or X pipe. The walker system comes with a H pipe.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I recently heard a 2001 Town Car with 2.5 Flowmaster Super 40's and an h-pipe; it sounded fucking evil! :evil:

Comment

If you want to make the most of your exhaust, have a shop bend you some 2.25" pipes. Or you can find a junked interceptor and take the dual system off that if it is in good shape.

Keep in mind there is very little you can do with a 92-95. There just isn't much available for those early 4.6's. To make the most power, you could do a full PI headswap, but that is not easy. A full PI swap is time consuming and can be expensive, unless of course you find a deal on a used heads/cams/intake combo and can do the work yourself.
        2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info/help .. I think I'm gonna check out my local muffler shop and see what they will charge me .. Expect to see updates and pics soon .. I recently just sold my bagged fullsize chevy and don't look back these cars ride great!

Comment

Working...
          X