Sooner than I thought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooner than I thought.

Well my computer crashed when my car started acting up. Its in the shop now getting rebuilt, found out my rings were shot and valves were not closing right had to get a valve job. So right now its getting rebuilt and whole motor except the upper and lower intake is getting painted Ford Red. And i picked up a set of GT40 heads from one of my friends thats going on the car.

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
    My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
    33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
    390ci with a little bigger cam
    Holly 4 barrel with K&N
    4 Speed with granny gear

Why not just put an HO in?

Comment

Because teh SO kan NEVA LOOOOOSE! It is teh fa$t3s+ !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cogs
        Why not just put an HO in?
        Dont have the money.

Holly 4 barrel with K&N
        4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

awesome dude!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

the basic ho conversion would be real easy with the motor out and apart
            heres a list of what u need.......most can be found in the junkyard
            19lb injectors (5.0 ho's, 4.6's up to 95, efi trucks)
            ho computer
            ho cam
            ho upper and throttle body (could be done later)
            ho headers (could be done later)
            i'm me if u wanna chat about it dude
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I dont understand.... you got the money for GT40 heads and the money to have a mechanic rebuild your motor, but.... you dont have the money for an HO conversion?

instead of re-building your motor, why not just find a used HO motor and put the GT40 heads on ?
              Oh, one other thing..... are these GT40P heads from an explorer or GT40 heads from a Cobra, there is a difference.
              2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
              89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
              88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Don't forget about the GT-40 heads from Explorers, boats and the SVO (FRPP) heads. Identical to Cobra heads with larger chambers.

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq
                  I dont understand.... you got the money for GT40 heads and the money to have a mechanic rebuild your motor, but.... you dont have the money for an HO conversion?

instead of re-building your motor, why not just find a used HO motor and put the GT40 heads on ?
                  Oh, one other thing..... are these GT40P heads from an explorer or GT40 heads from a Cobra, there is a difference.
                  GT40 heads from a Cobra, and they were only $100. And the rebuild is $600 hes cutting me a real good deal. Ill probely do the HO swap later on down the road.

Holly 4 barrel with K&N
                  4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

Working...
                  X