Vacuum line replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum line replacement

I've found 3 leaks so far, all around that junction on the pass fender well. Can those hard plastic lines be bought or can I just use rubber line? I plan on replacing them all, I'd imagine they're all brittle. Anyone have this problem? What'd you do?

just use the hard plastic ones where they come out of the junction and on whatever they attach to and the rubber line will slip right onto the hard plastic perfectly if you get the right size, you can buy the plastic ones, but they just get brittle and break again, where rubber works just as good and wont get as shitty
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

That hard plastic line is friggin expensive! I just patch mine with rubber, works fine.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yep - small ID vacuum line will slip right over. You could replace the whole thing with rubber it you want to get rid of it all.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Some of them broke off right at the junction, why is that there anyway? Why not just run them straight through:confused:. I'm gonna head down to Partsource and get a bunch of rubber line and re-do it all. Heres a pic just for fun

Comment

Jason, in Ontario you need to pass emissions, correct? How is it done, do they only hook up your car to the sniffer, or they also look inside the engine bay? Reason I'm asking is you can lose all that diverter valve tubing mess on the right of the engine, the smog pump too - the only thing essential for emissions are the cats, everything else can go. By removing all that you'll be able to reduce the vacuum system to only a solenoid and 3 vacuum lines, that's what I did to my car. If not, just run rubber lines all around, plastic is too much of a hassle anyways.

Comment

That connector is there so they can drop a complete plumbed engine into the car, and just plug it in. Same reason the fuel line disconnects and wiring harness plugs are there.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

if all they do is a tail pipe sniffer u dont need all that octoplastic crapola? although in MD they do a fuel cap, treadmill, and pipe sniffer.... reason asking is i know 1 or 2 of those plastic lines were broken and eletrical taped together when i went threw emissions, since then 2 more have broken and I was gonna run rubber line but if i can do away with it ill do that insted....
                1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

They make sure all emissions equipment is present here. I'm planning on ditching all that crap after I get it Etested, in a month or 2. I guess it would make sense to just patch it best I can with rubber hose since I'm gonna end up taking all of it out anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X