fuel pressure?, shifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pressure?, shifting?

ok, so, unless i let it run for like 5 mins before driving it, the tranny sticks and dosnt like to shift into overdirve, once its warmed up it works fine, and also, when cold, mabye once every few times i drive it, if i get on it and then let off for a stop sign, itll stall, then start right back up when i try to start it, so, shift adjustment, the little screw on the kickdown rod, where shoudl it be?, i know its that cause it used to be half in and it worked ok, but i dunno where it should be, and as for the stalling, fuel pressure regulator?, where is it?
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

I think the fuel pressure regulator is built right into the CFI unit.

Sounds like morning sickness for the transmission. When was the last time it was serviced? Usually when the fluid is getting thick and gummy they do that shit. Might need a bottle of transx or something. It worked wonders for the Dakota I used to have.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yep - you should done the FPR while you had the CFI unit off. I usually stall out once in the mornings myself.

Your stalling after letting off the gas suddenly could be due to the EGR valve not closing fast enough or being stuck open a little.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

eh, ill livfe with the stalling for now, as for the tranny, its only got about4000 mile son the current fluid and filter
        jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Working...
        X