Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone install a TC trunk lid pulldown in a non TC???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone install a TC trunk lid pulldown in a non TC???

Did box TC's even had these?

Im brainstorming more upgrade ideas. Plus ever since I got some good used weatherstrip for the trunk its been hard to close, lol.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Auto trunk close? Yea boxes had that.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Trunk stuffer, eh?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Scott made it work with his. But his is also a t/c
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Box townies had it optional. The Sig and Cartiers had it. My base model doesn't. If the latch design is the same, and you can mount the motor at the right height, I don't see why you couldn't do it. Would need to figure the wiring, and there is a switch in the upper latch part that you'll need.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hhmmm - I was wondering if the switch was in the top or the bottom... Im betting the latch in the trunk lid will be a little different, if nothing else in how it mounts. Maybe i can swap just the switch in the upper part, or rig my own somehow.
            I got a good look at one in an newer TC the other day and it looks like that catch/motor assembly would bolt in place of an ordinary one, so hopefully it will be simillar for boxes.
            Hopefully Ill get to the yard on tuesday to check it out
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hrmmm, who thinks I could rig something up for a wagon?
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

that I would like to see!
                sigpic

Comment

I'll add it to my list of things I wish to be able to do.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Hi 85CrownHPP

The pull down motor has a two switches built into it and there is another switch on the catch mechanism, I would have thought a pull down motor from a box Town Car would bolt straight into a Crown Vic.

Wiring is straight forward enough.

Regards

Dereck
                    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                      Hrmmm, who thinks I could rig something up for a wagon?
                      I would buy one.... Mine takes a good heavy swing to latch.
                      2000 Grand Marquis LS
                      2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                      1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                      Mercury Owners Group member
                      Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

For the wagons, you might be able to modify something off a newer mini-van that has the rear hatch pop open and shut.
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I need a new striker pin, with a busing on it, for my tailgate. Could use some hinge pins too, or whatever makes play in it.
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark
                            I would buy one.... Mine takes a good heavy swing to latch.
                            Mine too, gunna replace the hinge pins and strikers and see if that does anything for it.
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS

Comment

If those plastic bushings aren't on the strikers it wont work right. I sprayed down the non functional latch on David's SuperLinc with carb cleaner to get all the goop out, the re-lubricated with fresh spray lithium grease. Between that and a new striker the door works perfectly again. It wouldn't even latch before.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X