story of how i found Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

story of how i found Baby

Baby was found on a car lot that had her for 2 years :cry: and she just sat there. the place used to have lots of business till a new interstate opened and business went down. the guy said that it is the first sale from there in over 1 year. i only had to pay $500 for Baby's adoption fee. Baby was sitting in the back row where nobody could see her except when i pulled in the lot i went to the back row as usual. i always check the back of a lot for cars that have problems selling. right next to the building, in the back row next to a 92 lincoln stretch was Baby. i was lookin for another CV so that i could give Vickie a rest and makeover for about 3 months and found Baby. she has close to 82k on her and acts like she is happy to be on the road again. the dealer said that before i bought her he would have his Technician put air in her tires and make sure all was ok first. i told him the tires were all up and i would do the work myself. the only problems she has given me so far is the calipers and the fuel sending unit. she runs like a raped ape. all i need for her body wise is a pass. fender since she has som cancer around the fender well. i am going to give her some darker windows, a better stereo since it sounds like a rear speaker is shot. i noticed w/ her rear dash that she has speaker covers whereas Vickie doesnt. she has all her aluminum turbinesand center caps that all look like new. i will get pics up asap.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

ooooh nice work! good snag for sure..

yaa.. PICS!!!!

Comment

Prolly has premium sound if its got the grilles. Good find, shame the boxes don't sell much anymore, but usually that means you can find a good one for cheap. We want pics.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Baby has a regular AM/FM no tape, and no door speakers. the door area where speakers go is totally covered and no wiring when i pulled the panel. guess i am getting a stereo and some better speakers for the front and rear dash. i will have pics up hopefully later today if weather permits. it has been overcast and raining off and on.

Comment

cool! i traded a 92 dodge shadow even up for my townie in 98
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic
            Baby has a regular AM/FM no tape, and no door speakers. the door area where speakers go is totally covered and no wiring when i pulled the panel. guess i am getting a stereo and some better speakers for the front and rear dash. i will have pics up hopefully later today if weather permits. it has been overcast and raining off and on.
            my 87 had covered door panels, but there was still a hole that fit a 5.25" speaker. Just had to run my own wiring and cut some holes to make it look purdy.

pics yet?

Comment

Pics now!

Or I'll kill your dog.
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

ok....today or tomorrow nite i should have pics up. i bought film and need to get it developed. when i get it developed i am telling them to just put it on disc and no paper photos so it will save me time and money.

Comment

well so far i have installed the fuel tank float, front calipers, reconnected the cruise control, and washed her up. wouldnt you know it that as soon as i clean the motor, the heater core bypass hose springs a leak and sprays everywhere. so now back to cleaning the engine back up. i hate having to do this all over again. i also need to clean her body up too since it left residue all over the rear from the spray. at least she blew the hose when i was just about home, just 1/2 mile. cant believe how much of a mess it made since it got all over everything and it all needs sprayed, wiped, waxed, and Armor Alled again. i can wax the body again since it is gonna need it from the residue that i have to clean off. hope that i can get it all done so the pics i take will look good.

Comment

SHIT, Baby started acting up w/ her transmission. looks like she is camera shy since i was gonna take pics but now i have to swap transmissions. i will pull the transmission outta Baby to have it rebuilt and swap w/ Vickies trans. when i get the rebuilt trans back i am gonna transfer it back. sounds like a lotta work but i am keepin the transmissions w/ original cars except for a case like this.

Comment

Why play the slushbox shuffle?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

pictures will be up today come hell or highwater. i am getting a digicam, a cheapy, so i can take pics. guess Baby needs a bath and motor cleaned up so she will be ready for her picture day.

Comment

this is all the rust that she has on her body.

Comment

Nice car!

You have a front fender with the same spot of rust my wagon has.
                            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Looks nice. That fender rust seems to be a common rust spot. My '84 rusted there.
                              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                              X