Problems with lighted lock cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with lighted lock cylinders

In this thread, I asked about removing the lock cylinders. I got them removed, but the one I installed today does not work. Is the bulb replaceable somehow? Is there a fuse that I somehow missed? My original fear was that the car would not be pre-wired for this feature, but the wiring is indeed there. Now it is just a matter of determining why it does not work. It worked without issues in the donor car. None of the wiring in the door appeared to be tampered with.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

did you also swap out the door handle switch that makes them light up? IIRC thats how they work.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
      did you also swap out the door handle switch that makes them light up? IIRC thats how they work.
      Door handle switch?

I was under the impression that it was plug and play for the most part.

Comment

maybe it doesnt work this way, but I thought the lighted lock cylinder were supposed to come on when you lift the door handle? so you can see the key hole to unlock the door from outside.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yes they do come on when you pull up the handle, as well as the interior lights.
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Hm, mine doesn't have that switch. Mine only light when the door is already opened. Maybe the light on handle lift thing is part of the autolamp system, which my car doesn't have.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was browsing my EVTM, and it mentions nothing of the Autolamp system being tied in with the lighted lock cylinders. The manual makes mention of a door handle switch, but there is no pictures or diagrams of what I'm supposed to be seeing. I'll gut the Autolamp relay and the light sensor/amplifier out of the '90. Those are the only two components listed that the car does not have. Everything else is there.

Comment

I love your new avatar...
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Why thank you.

You get a cookie if you can name everyone in it. :evil:

Comment

Looks familiar, but I don't know...
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I'll make it easier. Name the bands they were in.

Comment

I know them, I just can't think. lol
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I don't think the lighted keys were related to the autolamp so much as the whole interior lighting circuit is. All the interior lights come on when you lift the handle, including the keys. My car has no autolamp, the lights don't come on when I pull up on the handle, but they still light up.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

K, I found a pic buried in the EVTM, and it has a picture of the door switch. On the '90 there is one wire hooked to it. I didn't have a chance to undo the panel and see if my doors have that wire and if they do whether it's hooked up or not. The EVTM makes no mention of this lone wire, and I know it's not the lock solenoid as that has it's own connection. Tomorrow after work, I'll get cranking on it.

Comment

The passenger door on mine the light workss with the handle tohe drivers door dosint. I dont have autolamps. The drivers door light switch dosent work most of the time unless I pull out the plunger. I got a bag full of those. .So not too woried abot that. The door handel key light I need to look for some disconeted wires first
                              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                              X