Short in front speakers and a popish noise when turning up volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short in front speakers and a popish noise when turning up volume

I have a preium sound system i pulled the head unit and replaced still had problem also when i open fornt doors speakers work but when on nothing is comeing threw them so i need help with it anyone know what could be wrong do i need a new amp where can i get one
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Did you use the scosche premium sound wiring harness when you installed the cd player? Also, the best thing to do is to rewire all of the speakers, its worth it. I didn't have premium sound in my merc and I used the scosche wiring harness, but it sucked. I rewired all four of my speakers and the difference in sound quality and bass was amazing. Even with stock 20 year old 3.5 inch dash speakers and pioneer 3 way 6x9s in the rear, it was clear sounding with more than enough bass for a system without subs.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

howd you rewire everything did u use stick harness or u run speakers wiire
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I ran all new speaker wire directly into the wiring for my headunit and ditched the scosce wiring harness. I used 14 gauge wiring that I bought from walmart and it works pretty good. It didn't take me that long to run all new wiring, but I have a 2 door and only 4 speakers also.
        Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
        2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
        Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
        Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

yes - ditch the original every thing.
          run all new speaker wire right to the speakers, and it will sound 100% better.

The door speakers working closed but not open is probably broken wires in the doors, so those wire may need to be replaced anyway
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yep, time for new wires
            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Working...
            X