How big can i go on rim size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big can i go on rim size?

I have a 1989 Grand Marquis that i want to put some rims on. I currently want to get 22 inch Neiche Bon rims, i am just wondering if the 22' would fit? if not, i am pretty sure the 20' might. i am going to take pictures 2marrow, i have started my car off with 2 12' Dual speakers and a 600 watt sony explode headunit, the car is black with chrome trim, chrome plating around the bottom of the car. I want to tint the windows, add chrome vent visors, the rims, and then hopefully a new paint job, but that is going to matter on how much money i have, i am glad i found some other people who like grand marquis as much as i do.

If the offset is correct and they're not too wide I don't see why they wouldn't. There is a guy running 20 or bigger on a box around my area and they seem to fit fine.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You sure can. If you run a micro profile tire. About 2"-3"tall sidewall MAX. That and it being a 7" or 8 " wide wheel, I think that would fit great. The correct offset is 0, backspacing is centered.

Comment

same thing for me, im thinking of goin with 22's on my vic but not really sure if they would fit. i have some real weight in the trunk with my subs that is. 30lbs each sub, plus several lbs per enclosure and the spare is back there too! ive seen these 'lifts' i would say that go welded on your ride where the springs would be rested and it supposively lifts the car about 5-6 inches. ill try and find the link later so you guys can see for urselves.

Comment

Those kinds of "lifts" put the suspension in a bind, and cause it to wear out much faster. For the height you need just take a look around the forum. Some cargo coils in the rear and air shocks should get you enough height to give you extra space. And some stronger front springs will do the same as well. Maybe a rubber coil spacer if you need just a little more.

5-6" lift without redesigning the suspension is not good, basicaly is just a show thing. That puts all of the suspension at almost maximum bottom travel, but then it keeps it there. It's not designed to be like that. Not only will it wear out faster, it will also change the dynamics of the suspension considerably, and possibl in a undesirable way.

Comment

Jeeeeez don't do 22's on that sweet Vic. Looks good with those current wheels, just needs white letters.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
            X