floppy Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floppy Mirrors

I have the manual cable adjusted mirrors on my merk and was wondering if anyone has found a way to tighten the slack and make them work like new. They dont stay in place and the adjusters....well...they move the mirror all over the place, and dont do anything. Or do I need new mirrors? Driving without side mirrors gets annoying when trying to switch lanes.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

If its like the electric ones in my Townie, the guide rods might be broken or missing. Pull the mirror glass and look for 2 square plastic rods that clip into the back of the mirror glass, and sit into a hole in the plastic behind the glass. If these aren't attached to the mirror glass, it'll flop around. One of the "clips" that the rod attaches to on the back of my driver's side mirror is broken and the glass also flops around.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wanna replace my cable mirrors with electric ones. Anyone ever done this?
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You'd probably have to get the wiring, the controls and possibly even the panel the controller sits in to make it work.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I'll see if I can fix em this weekend. My grandpa used electrical tape to hold the mirror in place and I havent touched it since. So I figure it would be time to try and fix em. I have electric mirrors from my 89 crownvic LTD parts car, but they have an ugly grey plastic surround.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
          X