4.6 Intake Swap ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.6 Intake Swap ??

I have a new customer wanting me to swap the intakes on his 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis and I haven't worked with a modular motor in quite some time.

It's just a matter of moving everything out the way and swapping, yes? I can't imagine any specialty equipment needed to do this...

If any of you know of anything I should watch out for, let me know, please.
    Thanks!
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

If you are just doing the updated intake then nothing out of the ordinary will be required. If you are swappin on a PI intake then you need to get non-pi gaskets and plug a hose in it (can't tell you which once cause I haven't swapped on a pi intake).
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Linky...
      -Michael

Comment

Perfect, texasvic. Thanks!
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

No problem.

-Michael

Comment

I never understood what y'all ment by failed intake manifold till I read the pages in the link.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
            2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Originally posted by Spoken like a true 'Rauder owner
              I never understood what y'all ment by failed intake manifold till I read the pages in the link.
              Not all us have fancy aluminum intakes.

-Michael

Comment

the one in the turd is aluminium woohoo

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by texasvic
                  Not all us have fancy aluminum intakes.

it's the wrong fancy intake needs to make hi pitched gearing noises.

Comment

needs to make hi pitched gearing noises.
                    Oo, let's start a supercharger war.

Trilogy sucks.

-Michael

Comment

I've never seen a 4.6L with the parts off the top of it, looks really carb friendly.
                      -Matt
                      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by texasvic
                        Oo, let's start a supercharger war.

Trilogy sucks.

Trilogy is K&N FIPK Friendly and looks stock with the factory air box for visual

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
                          I've never seen a 4.6L with the parts off the top of it, looks really carb friendly.
                          http://www.sullivanperformance.com/index.htm

I want to get me a newer 98+PI Vic without a motor, and drop in a 5.4 with a carb. Should make a pretty quick car. :evil:

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

5.4 needs a taller hood for starters the newer vic

Comment

If I had a motor like on that site, I would clean up the fender wells and firewall and run it without a hood!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
                              X