Clear All

Hillbilly SUV action shots.

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...t%20river1.jpg

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...t%20river2.jpg

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...t%20river3.jpg

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...t%20river4.jpg

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...t%20river5.jpg

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...%20hill%mb.jpg

I know, kinda lame on the hill climb, and I was disappointed the river not deeper, but it was still lots of fun.

For those of you who want to see the full size pics,

The river as seen from the drivers seat. This is an absolutely beautiful area, my camera doesn't begin to do it justice.

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...rivershot1.JPG

Here are the rest of them in the same order as above.

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...ver%20big1.JPG
    http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...ver%20big2.JPG
    http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...ver%20big3.JPG
    http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...ver%20big4.JPG
    http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/ac...ver%20big5.JPG
    Last edited by GoodSamaritan; 05-07-2006, 02:49 PM.
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Cant wait till my lift comes in. Now you got me all exicted. You can drive through about 3 1/2 foot of water.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

3 1/2 feet would really be pushing it. Water would get inside the car, and you would have to go really slow. I wouldn't advise it with a mechanical fan either. They tend to flex forward and chew up the radiator if enough of it is under water. Not to mention slinging water all over the distributor.

Now with a snorkel, a well sealed dist, and an electric fan, you would probably be ok, up until the ecm or enough sensors got wet to kill it.

Axle codes
      Open/Lock/Ratio #
      -----------------------
      G / H / 2.26
      B / C / 2.47
      8 / M / 2.73
      7 / - / 3.07
      Y / Z / 3.08
      4 / D / 3.42
      F / R / 3.45
      5 / E / 3.27
      6 / W / 3.73
      2 / K / 3.55
      A / - / 3.63
      J / - / 3.85

Comment

I went through 3 foot with the windows down on my 90. Thats how I know. Water came over the end of the hood. Kept on chuggin. My door seals didnt leak a drop though.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

LOL! then maybe it will. I won't be trying it any time soon though.
          I drowned out a car in that same river one night 11 years ago, and it was only about 24" deep. I had an 85 fox body ltd. I tried to cross the river when it was too high, and went a little too fast. It quit right in the middle of the river. I sat there for a long time, before the car would start again. (I credit this more to divine intervention than henry ford) In the mean time the car shifted a couple of feet down stream and water was up over the transmission tunnel. I was one very wet, and cold fellow by the time I got it out. It took WEEKS for that car to dry out completely. Even so, when I popped the back seat out a year later there was still water under the sound deadening material beneath it.

I have no desire to repeat the experience.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

kick ass, whats up with that road?, the river wash it out at some point or something?, looks like a cool place
            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Originally posted by 83tc
              kick ass, whats up with that road?, the river wash it out at some point or something?, looks like a cool place
              Actually there never was a road there. The riverbed is fairly smooth solid rock and usually pretty shallow there. I have seen it a few feet deep after a long hard rain.
              The only tricky part about it is that the water is very swift there, and there are some holes in the river bottom. I can think of at least 15 or 20 times that someone has gotten stranded in the middle, or gotten washed down stream all together.

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

kickass......we went thru 3ft of water once in a 78 t-bird......coasted out of it cause the cap got wet tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

THAT IS SWEET!!!!!!!! It looks really good.
                  2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

That's awesome, dude! I love that wagon!
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Nice
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Awesome! Need some more side shots though.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Minor update.

I went with a smaller front tire. for the smaller turning radius, and more suspension travel, without hitting the fender. I now have 31.5" tires in back and 29.5" up front. This only lowered the front 1 inch and made a world of difference in drivability. I could have hogged out the front fenders and beat the firewall back, and kept the bigger 31.5" tires up front but I don't really want to cut up the car anymore than I have. (trimmed the lower front of wheel opening up front to keep the tires from hitting it when turning)

The thing turns out to be halfway decent on and off road.
                          I took it up a washed out gravel road last night and beat the crap out of it. There were some pretty big mud holes along it and it climbed through all of them.

I am also pretty sure it won't be bottoming out much. One of the holes I hit (looked like a water puddle) bounced the car so hard, that the dome light in the rear popped out and was dangling by it's wire. When I got home I put it back in and the clips on it are fine. I have been a bit sore today and I blame most of it on that hole!

Axle codes
                          Open/Lock/Ratio #
                          -----------------------
                          G / H / 2.26
                          B / C / 2.47
                          8 / M / 2.73
                          7 / - / 3.07
                          Y / Z / 3.08
                          4 / D / 3.42
                          F / R / 3.45
                          5 / E / 3.27
                          6 / W / 3.73
                          2 / K / 3.55
                          A / - / 3.63
                          J / - / 3.85

Comment

What kind of exhaust you running? :evil:

Needs to be loud!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The exhaust is cut off between the cats, and where the y pipe used to be. (y pipe was rusted out and no muffeler or pipes was behind that anyway)

When done, I am planning on trying a pair of 1950's style smithys for a different sound. I want to be able to hear it, but not so loud that it drones all the time, as it does now. Of course, that might have something to do with the pipes ending right under me.

I am 99% sure that the cats are going away when I do the tranny swap.
                              There is a local guy who will bent the pipes for me if I cut off the old stuff at the manifold.

I also know where I can pick up a set of mustang shorties that will fit, but have just about decided that it wouldn't be worth it on this car. I am not planning any mods for the engine whatsoever, other than a slightly different air intake setup, to make the drivers side of the engine more easlily reached. The emmisions crap is going the same route for the same reason.
                              Last edited by GoodSamaritan; 05-16-2006, 07:36 AM.

Axle codes
                              Open/Lock/Ratio #
                              -----------------------
                              G / H / 2.26
                              B / C / 2.47
                              8 / M / 2.73
                              7 / - / 3.07
                              Y / Z / 3.08
                              4 / D / 3.42
                              F / R / 3.45
                              5 / E / 3.27