My '77 Mark V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '77 Mark V

Here's our '77 Lincoln Mark V that we've had for about 4 years now.
    The color is Canyon red with a white leather interior.
    It currently has 72K miles on its 400ci engine.
    My nickname for this car is Cherry Bomb!

whatcha guys think?
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

is it fast? I always wonder how fast those old 400 and 460 Mark V's are. I bet with a good cam and some cobrajet heads, it would make power.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

my 77 LTD had the 400 with and edelbrock cam and 4bbl. Ran pretty darn good but no real top end, could have been an RV cam
        2000 Grand Marquis LS
        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
        Mercury Owners Group member
        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

That Mark V has good low end, but no high end.
          it's kinda slow.
          it's about as fast as a stock 5.0 panther.
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Really wanna wake it up? Put a moderate cam in it, with the timing set straight up, with a 4bbl and good intake..

Port the exhaust logs, and you will have a real runner! The heads werent terrible on them, but the cam sucked, and was retarded 4 degrees from the get-go! (emissions shit)

Plus, they only had like 8.5:1 compression, or less...
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I love that color!!
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

VERY NICE! Canyon Red I will have to remember that. I want a dark red for the top half of my vic when I paint it.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

White interior in a red car is hot. My mom had an 81 Cordoba with that color scheme and I loved it.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

FUCKING age!!!!
                    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                      Really wanna wake it up? Put a moderate cam in it, with the timing set straight up, with a 4bbl and good intake..

Port the exhaust logs, and you will have a real runner! The heads werent terrible on them, but the cam sucked, and was retarded 4 degrees from the get-go! (emissions shit)

Plus, they only had like 8.5:1 compression, or less...
                      yea, down the road I was planning on putting in a edelbrock intake and carb...and putting a bigger cam in...along with dual exhaust.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Cobrajet heads fit right? My dream Lincoln is a Mark V with a .500 or higher lift cam, Cobrajet heads, huge edelbrock intake, and dual quads.
                        1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

89Lincoln- No the Cobrajet heads are for big block FE motors, i.e. the 460. The 400ci was a small-black based design with a raised deck height. I don't know much else about those motors, so I'm sure someone else will chime in with more info.
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

You could bolt 4V quench cleveland heads on em, tho

Mercracer always is telling me about a killer 400 Cleveland motor he wants to build.

351M/400 are cleveland based...
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

oh i meant a Mark V with the 460. ferget the 400 lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X