Car alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car alarm

Ok I am going to get one this summer. Which brands are the best? I want one that the transponder will alert you if the alarm is going off. Also how hard of an install is it? I don't want a cheap on that you would have to kick the car to set it off I want one that if someone happens to touch it, it will go off. I am sick and tired of people fucking with my shit and when I go to tech school she will be out in the open in the parking lot not safe in the garage like now. Any advise will be appreciated.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

dei makes some decent ones, and the one you want with the pager option is made by i dont remember who, but look in jc whitney, its the only one in there with the lcd screen keyfob...wiring is imple enough, just time consuming
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Is it true that if I install one my insurance will cut me alittle break? That is what it says on all these car alarm sites. I want one that that I can record a warning message if someone gets to close to me. It will say, Stay the fuck away from me unless you want my owner to bash you skull in. I think that will get the point across.lol
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I'm pretty all or most of alarm companies have a pager model. Take a look at Compustar, I believe they are the only ones that have FCC compliance for 2-way FM transmission.....which means you can use your remote at nearly 2 miles (depending on surroundings) and still have your vehicle communicate back if it is tampered with. Sounds like what you want? Check their wbsite for more details--> www.compustar.com

You'd have to check with your insurance company about a discount. Mine, for one, does not offer a discount. I would also recommend professional installation. Alarm performance is very dependant on the install.

Comment

Ultra Start has a good selection. and a great pager model.

Comment

some insurance companies discount, others do, i know mine does, hence why the tc has an "alarm" aka, pipe under the seat
            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

I want to get the alarm system I bought installed, not that anyone is ever gonna steal my car, because they know they'll be sorry that they did....
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X