Tire Height difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Height difference

Can someone help me out here, I am looking at getting some 255/65R16's for the rear of my vic. Currently I have 225/70R16's. How much taller will it be? I don't know the formula to figure out the height. I am not worried about rubbing just the fact if it goes up higher in the rear would it be big enough that I would need another alignment? I am sick of the skinny ness of my rears right now. I am going to keep them and mount them on my steelies along with my other 2 225/60's I have for the front. Then I will have a winter set of wheels cause I am afraid what the salt will do to the chrome over winter and my beater pickup is toast so it is a sure thing I am driving it this summer.

Thanks
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Look up tire specs at the tire rack web site
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Aww cool. The rears I have now are 27.6" and the ones I want are 28.25". Damn that will screw my 3.55's down even more. Oh well I will be putting on more highway miles when I come home from tech school on the weekends so better fuel economy.

Comment

How about tire section width any issues there. I have never measured up a newer body for tire wheel combos.. Have the boxes down pat.

Comment

Mine should be fine cause I have the same frame as boxes.

Comment

Why not use a 255/60-16 tire? It'll get you a height which is close to waht you have now.

Comment

Price. I looked on tirerack and they only have one tire in that size and it is $422 per tire. Ya I just want to spend about $150 a tire max on my current budget.

Comment

One of the reasons I stuck with 15s the price at leasst doubles or better with 16s and up even though there is less rubber.

Comment

Ya I wish I could fit 15's. Cragars are my all time favorit. I could get them in 17's but they cost more and they just don't have the same look to the. I do have the big brakes thought so that is one good side to it.

Comment

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

haha...the miata calc...
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

you shoudl think about a 265 60 16 tire - it will be much wider but still about as tall as what you have now.
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I spend tons of time looking around tire rack and tires.com for tires that are the best suited for what I want. spend alot of time looking at the specs on tirerack...
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                            you shoudl think about a 265 60 16 tire - it will be much wider but still about as tall as what you have now.
                            I may just do that. I saw that thread that 83 posted and you said those tires and I looked on tirerack and the BFG are there for $105. Then when I would get new fronts I would get BFGs up front then I could run white letters all around.

Comment

sweet - Id double check the dimensions to be sure but I think its close to what you want.
                              I want to run that size but my steelies are just shy of the sugested rim width range.
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X