whats the lowest prifile tire that i can go on 16inch wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the lowest prifile tire that i can go on 16inch wheels

looking to get http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=36662 the 16x7 and 16x8 ones iwas going to go with the straight spoke but dont have bolt pattern so i probly going with soft 308s wonte look bad right 16iches withlob profiles and chrome center cap
    Last edited by 83countrysquire; 06-07-2006, 10:15 AM.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

gotta love black wheels

What kinda stance do you want?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

16" is not that big on these cars. Remember that the standard overall tire diameter is about 26"-27" So even with a 16" wheel you are looking at a 5" profile. If you go "low pro", the wheel/tires are going to look too small...unless that is what you are going for.

Comment

I'm going to go with "low profile" 17" tires on my merk.

26" diameter...

Comment

If you really want to go LOW profile, I would suggest, a big brake conversion, and 18" wheels.

Comment

basiclly what i m looking for is mix of a mobster hot rod car that looks cool well whats ameduim profile b/c i just wont ti tot not look like my winter tires i was goingto go with 17s but the didnt have my bolt spacing
            sigpic
            1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I have 245/45/17 on mine the lowest profile you can get is a 35 series...
              President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

I would do 60 profile front and rear - 235 front and 265 rear. They make a 265 /60/16 BF Goodrich radial TA
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I have 245/45/17's and want more sidewall. The wieght of the car will cause some issues with potholes and crap and wil lresult in bending the wheel. I found that out the hard way with my protege and running 215/40/17's. Bent the shit out of those wheels....

I'm gonna go with a 255/50/17 on the wagon when I get new tires. Stock diameter is 27" on the vics (215/75/15 225/70/15, 225/60/16). Mustang stock diameter is 26" (225/60/15, 245/45/17)
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

MrLTD is right...remember...the lower the profile (sidewall) the harder the ride..and pot hole pinch will cause blistering in the side wall...The taller the sidewall the softer the ride...
                    President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

thats for sure... I noticed a big difference in feeling road imperfections going from 70 to 60 profile. I wouldnt go any lower myself, but with a 17" or so bigger wheels you probably have to.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

guys should o go with cragars soft 8s or black d wheels i dont know hat to do
                        sigpic

Comment

D wheels for teh win

Comment

Soft 8's!
                            -Matt
                            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

My explorers!
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                              X