shampoo your seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shampoo your seats

Do it. You just might be surprised with what you get. When I bought the CV, I shampooed the seats and got some pretty icky water by the time I was done. Today I took my carpet shampooer and did the front seats on S.U. That was disgusting. I think I pulled 18 years worth of shit out of 'em. Ten of those years were on the farm. I ended up with a bucket of pitch black water. All the years I've known the car, there has been a dark spot on the passenger seat. Well, I think it was ink. The machine pulled a lot of that stuff out. Glad I cleaned it up now. Looks and smells a lot fresher.

For those interested, I used a Bissel up-right steam cleaner carpet shampooer. The upholstery attachment worked great. I went with the blue bottle of Bissel carpet shampoo. It has a mild odor that doesn't bother too bad. When I did the CV I used the green bottle. That stuff was too potent and took about four weeks to get the smell to finally go away.

what do you use to shampoo seats and stuff like that and how do ya do it
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I shampoo my carpet and floormats.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

what do you use to shampoo seats and stuff like that and how do ya do it
        For those interested, I used a Bissel up-right steam cleaner carpet shampooer. The upholstery attachment worked great. I went with the blue bottle of Bissel carpet shampoo. It has a mild odor that doesn't bother too bad. When I did the CV I used the green bottle. That stuff was too potent and took about four weeks to get the smell to finally go away.
        I've had the best luck with Bissel products. Honestly, stay away from all that shit in the auto dept. at the store. Go to the household cleaning isle. Don't use that foaming shit in an aerosol can with the little brush,either. It's a fuckin' waste of time and money. I tried it on the CV and it streaked my seats. Fortuneately, my machine took those out.

Comment

Ive done that to my last car or two but havent to the merk yet. I take out the seats and hit the carpet too.

Anybody know how to get the back seat out? I havent tried for a while but I tried pulling it once with no luck. Does it just push in and pull up like every other back seat ever made? I think the seat belts running threw it instead of over it threw me off.
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I need to do mine. I have never done mine and it is a police interceptor. Image all the shit I will pull out. We have the same bissel shampooer here. I am waiting for a hot dry day.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I've done my wagon already. I also pull the seats out so I can get the whole seat and all the carpet.

And yeah, that's some nasty shit that comes out. It's amazing the color change of the upholstery.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I use the stuff in the can for carpet, it does ok. its good to fresh up the lower carpeted portion of the door panels too.

Can you rent a Bissel? I might try this on the town car seats... they arent dirty so much as VERY full of dust. I can slap the seats with my hand and clouds of dust fly out, and settle on things making a mess.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I took my seats out of the front and took a garden hose and shop vac to it. Did wonders, I was quite amazed at the never ending supply of dirty water from the seats. But over 1/4 million miles will do that.

Comment

Should have seen the streams of mud that poured out of my carpets when I took the pressure washer to them.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
                      Ive done that to my last car or two but havent to the merk yet. I take out the seats and hit the carpet too.

Anybody know how to get the back seat out? I havent tried for a while but I tried pulling it once with no luck. Does it just push in and pull up like every other back seat ever made? I think the seat belts running threw it instead of over it threw me off.

Push the seat in from the front of it, then push up at the same time, that should pop it out, then when you go to put it back in, push in and down, that should clip it back in.

I should probably do my carpets, they have lot of dirt and god knows what else in them. And gum that has been ground into the rear right carpet :nonono:
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Okay, just a bit of info. I said not to waste your money on those foam spray can shampoos from the auto isle. Instead, go back to the household isle and get a can of Bissel foam carpet cleaner in the spray can. That shit works wonders. It also has a little brush on the end.

Comment

I think I used standard household Resolv in a spray bottle and a small soft bristle brush to work it in. The results were pretty good.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just finished shampooing the seats (F & R) in the CV, again. Got another tank of black water. Yuck. This time I used the blue bottle of cleaner that I used in S.U. Seemed to work better than the green bottle. It's much less potent, too.

I got in the CV this morning and the odor of (dare I say it?) mice, struck my nose. It was drivin' me nuts while I was runnin' 'round town this morning. I stuck my nose in the seats and all the seats smelled that way. I went through the CV from bumper to bumper and there are no signs of mice (thank goodness). I wonder if it wasn't the previous cleaner that did it, but why would the whole thing smell out of nowhere like that? I'll just have to see what happens when it dries out. I also placed four of those scented Bounce fabric softener sheets in the car. Might help to freshen it up a bit more. Also, those fabric softeners are supposed to deter mice. How? I don't know, but a lot of people have sworn that it works.

Comment

I'm shampooin mine this weekend.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
                              X