'89 PI sway bars fit '04 Marauder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 PI sway bars fit '04 Marauder?

I did a search on it, and didn't find the answer. Will the sway bars (either front or rear) from an '89 "cop box" fit an '04 Marauder?

It's probably a stretch, but I'd love to save a few bucks and use the bars I allready have.
    Ability is the poor mans wealth.

I do not think so. The front mount to an old position on the controle arm (may work with a little drilling depending on the lower control arm, but it is highly unlikely). The rear, no way. They mounted directly to the control arms, which are very different on an 04 Marauder.

I would think it would come with better than an 89 box Pi.

Comment

no wont fit. the 98+ cars have an entirely different rear suspension

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks! I thought it was a stretch. I have all three, an '89 "cop box" an '89 CV, and an '04 Marauder.

I'd have to say that the "cop box" was much flatter in the corners than the Marauder. Seriously.

Even though the cop box had 113k miles on it and my Marauder has 38k, if given equal power and torque, I'd say that the cop box could take the Marauder.

The "cop box" is now a parts car after it broke an upper ball joint and landed on the bumper. I had to throw away the underwear I was wearing...

Comment

do big brakes, poly bushings and rear discs on teh 89 and it will handle even better.......do the ho swap too with thumper heads,it'll keepup with the marauder too

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

that wierd the 89 seemed to handle better...
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yea, esp since they went thru all that trouble of redesigning the steering, frame, and suspensions...
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

You can get stuff for the marauder to make it handle even better too...
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for (and finding) all sorts of stuff for the Marauder. Theres no published data for any of it though. Everyone says it'll improve handeling etc, but there isn't any skid pad numbers of before/after results. WTF? These companys sell sway bars/shocks/watts links/control arms to people, and they NEVER even tested them on a skid pad?!

I'm not interested in wasting money on things that improve the car slightly (if at all!). The wrong combo can really screw up a car just as fast as it'll empty the wallet.

Maybe the '89 cop box only seemed to handle better (it's been down for a couple years now. I also drove that car a bit harder as well ($500/ month payments will get you behaiving a little better too, Lol).

Comment

Working...
                  X