question for the engine gurus here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for the engine gurus here

rather than spend all night going thru old cvn posts on ho motors(considering alot of em are just endless bickering)

what exactly is different about the 5.0 in the panthers and the mustang 5.0's. i've heard mention that our cars have shitty pistons and a couple other things. i know most of the differences between motors when it comes to the top of the motor, but what exactly if anything is different about the lower end? i'm assuming blocks are identical, just different internals. if i'm wrong, please correct me.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

pistons and cam are all I know to be different

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

The engine block, crankshaft and connecting rods are all the same. Thats where the similarity ends. Internally, the HO motor has different pistons, camshaft and cylinder heads.
      Externally it has different upper intake manifold, throttle body, EGR spacer, fuel injectors, exhaust manifolds and water pump.

Since most of the HO motors were used in Fox body cars, the upper intake manifold is mounted facing the passenger side and the A/C compressor and alternator mounting are reversed.
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

thanks guys!
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

what eric said

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
          X