Clear All

Wishful thinking...

Explorer engine:
    GT-40-P heads
    FRPP B-303 cam
    1.7 RR's
    FRPP shorty headers
    Overhauled bottom end [rings, bearings, HV oil pump]

Now, here's the question, bear with me because I don't know much about blowers. If I were to get an Eaton M90 off of a T-Bird DC, would I get an adapter plate and mount it to the GT40 Lower intake, or would I have to get a different intake? If I built this engine, I'd be looking to run around 6psi, in order to keep the car drivable, and be able to use the stock bottom end. What kind of fuel system upgrades would I have to make? Could I get away with 24lb injectors? What about the ECM, would a stock HO ECM work for a mild application like this?

Gah...so many questions, sorry to bother you guys about it. This seems like a reasonable motor to build.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

The B cam sucks for our applications...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Ford letter cams suck. TFS stage one, stock HO cam, etc...are better.

24's are probably too small. Will need a big fuel pump, 190-255lph...

As for the mounting. To keep the stock hood, you would need to mount the supercharger off the intake, more than likely in place of the A/C compressor or alternator . Or get a complete custom intake manifold. Even then it would be tricky, because of the distributor.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'd be getting a hoodscoop if I mounted it on top of the engine, my question is could I mount it to the GT-40 lower?
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

If you fabbed the adaptor, yes.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. What about the EGR valve? Where would that be mounted? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to learn as I figure this out.
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Well, you would have to mock everthing up and fab it....I can't tell you where it goes on a complete custom setup...

Comment

Shit this is gunna end up being alot more complicated than I thought. I was thinking to use as many factory parts in order to keep things less complicated.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                  Shit this is gunna end up being alot more complicated than I thought. I was thinking to use as many factory parts in order to keep things less complicated.
                  yep usualy factory from 1 car is the easiest but not always the cheapest.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                  2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Look at third place: http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...s/0410mm_luxo/

-Matt
                    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Nitro: Thanks for the link. The only problem with mounting to blower to the side is that I live in NY, and smog equipment is a necessity, although it's not totally out of the question. If I could mount it on the left side, I'd probably be in good shape, correct? What exactly is needed to convert a Panther to Mass Air? If it's just a computer, a wiring harness, and sensors, I could pull them off of a Mustang, correct?
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS

Comment

That sounds about right for the mass air swap; computer, harness (4 wires I think), MAF, and whatever tubing you end up with.
                        -Matt
                        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Ah, Alex Pikas's car. That LTD is friggin awesome. I talked to him at the track. That compressor has had some work done to it though...nothing major, just some port work IIRC.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. I don't know when/if I'll ever do this, but its good to have the knowledge. One day I want either and all white or an all black 88-91 CV, with KB suspension, and this motor. Or, in a more rational idea, drop this combo into my wagon one day a few years from now when I get another DD.
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Working...
                            X