Driver's Seatbelt Interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's Seatbelt Interchange

Anyone know if the drivers side seatbelt in a 1986 Grand Marquis coupe can be replaced with one out of a 1987 Mark VII LSC. I just picked one up and it looks like it might work, although I have seen my original and the retractor looks slightly different (covered in blue plastic), it does have a nearly identical setup (door jam tab, color, buckle, ect). I tried looking up the part number through motorcraft and the buyer's guide to see interchanges with no listing available. I also tried Teamfordparts, but they don't list the part number for the Grand Marquis belt. The Lincoln belt assembly part number is 1E759724. I'll look around for the Grand Marquis part number, I have it written somewhere. Thanks

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

I finally got the seatbelt assemebly in my car fixed. What I ended up doing was getting a seatbelt assembly from an 89 Mark VII. The retractors are slightly different but the part I needed was the same. The part is that push button that is in the door jam, that when depressed, allows the belt to retract. The button on mine was jammed and the cable that goes to the assembly was bent, and the covering was cracked. The new part is in and the seatbelt finally works after right 10+ years.

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
    X