1980 lincoln body bushings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 lincoln body bushings.

i have the body off the frame, so sence im under there i want to replace the body bushing assembly with teh washers, rubbers and bolts. anyone know of where to come by some?
    thanks, Mark .

Attached Files

Comment

oh wow! beautiful
      the parts are still available from ford.....prob a small fortune lol
      since you have the body off the frame you could try the energy suspension poly body mount set for the chevy caprice.........i worked on a 93, looked to be similar
      welcome to gmn!
      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Wow, the 1st frame off resto of a panther. Awsome man, good luck with it, the body looks to be in really nice shape. Welcome to GMN.
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

thanks for the welcomes and nice comments about my car:thumbsup:

well, if they can be got, stock ones that is i would perfer them over polys ( squuick) and im not sure how much i trust using ones that where not made for my vehicle. know what im saying? if they dont "crush" correct, it could be a proble,... that i dont want to be dealing with.
          but yes, you guys are correct this car was in very very nice conditon. it only has 56k on it, and was only driven in the summer to basebal games
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work!

to GMN!

What is parked in the garage next to teh lincoln, with hoosiers? :evil:
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i just checked with my online parts connection, he is sending me a pdf of the body bushings, washers, bolts.......pm me your e-mail and i'll forward it to you, then you can shop at www.teamfordparts.com

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                Awesome work!

to GMN!

What is parked in the garage next to teh lincoln, with hoosiers? :evil:
                thanks for the welcome. LOL, i thought no body would ever see what lies behind the lincoln. its my fathers toy:3gears:
                Attached Files

Comment

Do my eyes decieve me, or is that a baby LTD with a Cleveland ?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                    Do my eyes decieve me, or is that a baby LTD with a Cleveland ?
                    the black car? its a 86 ford fairmont futura with a 460FE worked to a 510.

Comment

WOW! That is sweet!

Your Lincoln is nice too! lol..
                      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Holy shit that's a nice Fairmont.
                        Nick
                        88 Colony Park LS
                        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Boy you sure made one hell of an entrace on to the forum!!! to GMN!

And that looks sweet! You should not be afraid to get a body bushing that is not tagged as specific to your car. Body bushings are not as sensative as you may think. You could use blocks of wood and it would work, but you would feel more vibration travel through it. However I apploud the search for the correct part. I live by that method, but sometimes these parts are not available anymore. I'd say let Scott (LincolnMania) help out here, he is our resident panther master.

Comment

MMmm Fairmont Futura, big motor, bigs and littles. And it cant be an 86, they only made them from 78-83.
                            -Matt
                            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Boy you sure made one hell of an entrace on to the forum!!! to GMN!
                              ^100
                              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 05-20-2006, 02:12 AM.
                              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X