OK you all know that I am..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK you all know that I am..

Marauderbound, but I was just sitting here with my thoughs (I'm ambidextrous
    for those of you wondering) and realised that I could get more by using a stock 03 GM, ripping out the 4.slow and dropping in a a 5.4 or even possibly a 6.8. Then I could utilize a twin-screw supercharger, like a whipple or such. Now the question is what else woudl I have to do to keep the beast under control at 150?

I have a few locals to put to shame...
    linkage
    Targe...Cars on the left...Top two, White Stang, and blue GTO.

must..KILL...with...grandpa's...car...[SHAME]
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

You could just stab a 460/C6 into that damned ranger...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

But...I...Want...Panther...[SHAME]local pudknockers[/SHAME]
      Last edited by RugerP97DC; 05-20-2006, 09:08 PM. Reason: Im a speeling eediot

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

OK so like here is the deal. What I want to do is take a 460, rebuild it, install modern fuel injection technology, a whipple, and see what the fucker makes on the dyno. I have a place to get the 460, and I do plan on a 4.5" stroke crank. Now I have seached high and low, and cannot find any inciation that the 460 ever got a direct port injection system. All I can find are those fucking useless TBI setups, that cant do what I want done.

Target Numbers
        800HP
        800lb/ft
        on mogas

Can the t56 ot t5 take this kind of abuse? Or am I confined to the C-6? Will a Gear Vendors OD take this power?

Comment

I think there was an edlebrock intake manifold for the 460 that had bosses on the lower intake runners that could be drilled out for injectors, and some sort of throttle body in place of the carb.
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Teh whipple requires a custom lower, so I have to do some fabricating. I have seen a Victor intake done like that, the NOS bosses used for injectors, but that looks gehtto as HELLA! None of that for this build.

Comment

u guys think too big........i'll build you a nice 5.0 ho powered 88 grand marquis......i have teh donor vehicle in stock hehe

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

a t-5 will never take that kind of power

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Yeah that sucker would blow up

Stop talking about it and just get the damn car mang!!!!! CHRIST ON A CRACKER!!!!!!
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

:stupid:
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      a t-5 will never take that kind of power
                      But JeffBoudah says...

Comment

Most likely it will go in the Ranger for a while. Scott, There is no way I could beat a 03 Cobra with a Novi if I used a 302.

So what manual trans with at least 5 sp will work here?

Comment

Get a tremec 3550 or better.

Comment

Comment

Find out what the viper folks do to the trans when they go turbo

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X