headlight swap idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight swap idea...

i was wondering if anybody ever thought of turning a box into a euro looking front end? i was thinking of finding some headlights from a caprice or something that had headlights like ours but were the euro look. i think thats what you call it. that or a celebrity. just wondering if anyone has ever thought about it.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Send a PM to 3 Blue Merks. He did it to his '89 MGM. It looked pretty good.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Ive been looking inot H4 conversions more.... they now have angel eyes and even 'projector' lamps to fit in place of our sealed beams.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Square angel eyes or round lights in the square of a normal head light?
        -Matt
        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

square 4x6 size, look close at my sig, i got mine off ebay for 25 bux, came with an accent light in them, took out the pigtail(was for a 194 bulb) and tossed in the strobes i had, perfect fot, now the accent light is in between the high and low beams, look at m avatar, its my parking lights on at night, notice the light between the headlights....as for the replacement lights, they fit, but you need to modify the metal mounting "bucket" on your car, remove about 1/2 inch of metal all around the circle, therefore making it larger, then they slide right it, use some higher wattage bulbs, wire up relays and good to go, ask pete for relay/headlight wiring diagrams, i think he has them, and also, i never use my high beams anymore, my lows are 100 watts...each....(evil grin)
          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

ill take pics tomorrow and post em up so you can get a better idea of what i mean
            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

yes pics pleaz!!! the projector ones look nice, but are sure to not be DOT approved, and we have state inspections here.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yeah, the projector ones suck, they dim the light output bigtime, mine are the diamond cut ones, came with some sweet hyper blue hid wanna be bulbs, but they burnt out in like 4 months, lol, ill slap up pics tomorrow afternoon before i go to the cruise night....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 3 blue Merks

Ah yes... the man who pioneered the swap...

Oh yeah, SHERIFF is gone, you don't need that in your avatar anymore
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

all i wanna know is...what did those headlights come out of? did they come from a lincoln, celebrity, or a caprice? thats what i wanna do to mine since i have had them, i just didnt know what was compatible

Comment

I believe his came out of a celebrity. Don't quote me on that though.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

guess i am gonna have to take measurements before i hit the scrap yard. that way i can compare to other cars that have headlights like those.

Comment

hmm those square angel eyes might look damn good on a merk
                            1999 CVPI
                            Old Rides
                            1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
                            1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

wat about this will they work on a 83 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-87-...QQcmdZViewItem
                              sigpic
                              1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Working...
                              X