auto dimming mirror installation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto dimming mirror installation...

went to the junkyard today and got an auto dimming mirror off of an early 90s caddy (deville/el dorado, dont remember) and ran into a problem...

...the wire coming from the mirror has the red and black (power and ground) wire, and i put that into the fusebox. then theres a green wire that i know nothing about. anyone know about the green one? what it is? where it goes?
    '92 Grand Marquis GS
    Cardomain site - [http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2248880/1[/URL]

light sensor, usually found on the dash?, i know the one that fits my towncar had a light sensor in the dash, cant find one though, find a newer chevy/pontiac/buick/oldsmobile and look on the dash area for something looking like a small alarm light, only kindof smoke/black looking, i know on all the newer(2000 and up) chevy /gmc trucks its right on the dah you cant miss it, and in 95 and up gmc/chevy s10 blazers its actually recessed in one of the dash speaker grilles, find it and pull it, shoukld be 2 wires, a ground and the sensor wire, mabye 3 wires(power as well)but most are simply a 2 wire, either that or go back and look in the caddy you ripped it from

i just tinted my windows, cheapest dim mirror ever, once its dark outside you cant see out or in, lol....
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Might be the reverse switch. I know the Ford ones have a hot, ground, and a lead to the reverse light circuit to flip the mirror up so you can see while backing up. Not familier with Caddy mirror wiring.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks for the input...

....turns out the green wire wasnt needed after all. i just connected the power and ground and the mirror seems to be working fine. $30 at the junkyard is a lot better than $80 online
        '92 Grand Marquis GS
        Cardomain site - [http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2248880/1[/URL]

Comment

Working...
        X