Fresh pics of the 85 Merk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh pics of the 85 Merk

I havent posted any pics in some time, so I decided to update. Its still got a long way to go, but I think I'm doing ok for my first car.

It needs a good wash, and I'll be painting it this summer and getting rid of the body rott and rust.

The business end, just got fresh wires and a loom and I got rid of some more wires. Thats also new MSD box cause I blew the old one taking off my battery cables. Talk about shit luck.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Ur engine compartment looks better than mine!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

you need headers under there. engine looks great. how did you mount the coil? i noticed you got rid of the upper a/c bracket als and the coil is by the distributor
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Coil is just bolted to the intake using the bracket off my pickup. I'll get headers and a new exhaust just as soon as I can. When your still in high school cash dont come by to easy.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Nice! Ya that thing doesn't look that bad at all for rust. That engine looks really good.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Looks good, but someone stole your AC.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Damn nice engine compartment!!
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yes you get my :thumbsup: under the hook looks nice!
                That sucks about the rust but it still looks to be in good shape.
                That carb looks nice there definitly time for shorties next!

also - I couldnt help but notice your vac advance isnt hooked up in the pics. Were you timing?
                Last edited by 85crownHPP; 05-23-2006, 01:30 PM.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I want the engine bay of my Vic to look like that, carb and all.
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Nice car man. The rust doesn't look all that bad either.
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                      also - I couldnt help but notice your vac advance isnt hooked up in the pics. Were you timing?

The vac advance causes me trouble. It advances way too quick and causes it to ping when i'm cruising also I can run a higher initial with it off and it has better throttle response. I tried to adjust it with an allen wrench like I heard u could do but it wouldnt do anything. Plus I think it leaks. The only thing is that there is a flat spot if I'm i slowly accelerate for a second, but I just give it a lil more gas.

Comment

Get a new disty...
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Or advance module
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Re-curve it.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                            X