fuel flow signal location??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel flow signal location??

ok got an '84 crown vicky and i know that you guys said that the fuel flow signal for the tripminder comes off of pin #34 but i'm having trouble gettin to the brain. the brackets not co-oporating. is there a wire coming from pin #34 stock if you don't have the tripminder? and if so what color is it and where???speeking of tripminders the digi-cluster that i'm putting in has a digi version of the tripminder and i've got three of them tha look like they're in godd shape and one where the bottom buttons are busted off that i don't really need, so if you need one let me know. if i can get the fuel flow signal to them i'll double check and make shure that they all work all right.
    sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Unbolt the ecm from its wiring harness if you can't find the wire, there is one bolt that you should be able to see below the brake booster that holds it in. Just be careful taking it out otherwise the ecm will fall out in the interior. The wire is a purple wire with a green stripe coming off of pin 34, might even have some type of black connector on it also. Just watch the ground wires and check all your wiring before you reinstall and try out your tripminder. I ended up constantly blowing fuse 5 which controls the dash lights, side marker lights, and the rear tail lights. It was caused by a bad ground from the trip minder that should have not been connected.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

My '84 didn't have a tripminder and it didn't have the wire in #34, just an empty hole. I had to get another pin out of a junker and install it. It was a pain in the ass getting it through the little rubber part in the ECM and into the correct spot without bending and breaking the pin. There are some pics here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=6506

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Working...
      X