Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Review: Factory Tech Separator Plates

Link

For you guys with 96+ 4R70W and who want better shifting from your 4R70W, buy the Factory Tech separator plates. I just put one in mine and it rocks! They come drilled in moderate (300+ hp) J-mod levels. You can mod it further by enlarging the holes, if you'd like. I paid $85 shipped from Supercoupeperformance.com; and it came with the separator plate, the pistons/spring, and the gaskets. If you decide to return to stock levels, you can re-install your original plate (Ford does not sell the separator plates. You have to buy a new valve body if you change your mind).

The best part is that the 96 "B" sperator kit also comes with the improved 1-2, and 2-3 accumulator pistons and springs at no extra cost. That saved me some extra $$$ instead of buying the improved pistons and springs for $40 from Ford. You can leave the spring out for even firmer shifts equal to the high-level (450+ hp) J-mod level.

Best $85 I've ever spent.
    Last edited by evillally; 05-24-2006, 07:58 AM.

What are you driving right now? I lost track, lol.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

:evil: Find out at the summer meet...

Comment

No kidding?

Basically, a j-mod without having to drill holes and shit?
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Cool. Does it come with instructions? What is the difficulty on it for a 1-10 (1 being easiest)? I would love to do it but not too keen on transmissions.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I think this is just what the doctor ordered for you, mang...
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No kidding?

Basically, a j-mod without having to drill holes and shit?
              Pretty much. I thought I was going to have to drill the holes, but I read a post by the Factory Tech guy in another forum that said that it was already drilled to specs. And of course, if you sell the car, you can pull the kit and go back to stock; something you can't do with the stock sep-plate.

Originally posted by zwack88
              Cool. Does it come with instructions? What is the difficulty on it for a 1-10 (1 being easiest)? I would love to do it but not too keen on transmissions.
              Yes, it came with instructions. I didn't do it myself, I had a friend who is a professional tranny-tech do it. He also installed a cooler. It took him about two hours. Being a pro, of course, he told me it was a joke. If you can change motor oil, you can do this- it's just messy. And, a Mercon shower is not my idea of fun. Plus, I just spent the other day re-tarring my driveway- so no oil changes on my new tar.

Total cost:

Kit: $85
              13 qts. Mercon V: $50
              Cooler: $50 ebay special
              Labor: $100 ($80, but he did a good job and did it quick, so I opted to hook him up).

$285.

Comment

Thanks, I will have to look into this this summer when I have some more money rolling in.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                X