Air Suspention Problem in 96 LTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Suspention Problem in 96 LTC

My friend has a 96 LTC and his air suspention is messed up. His light is on and his air bags are deflated. We never hear the compressor going on. Will he have to replace the air compressor or what should we check? If it was his airbags we would hear the compressor on all the time right? Any help would be great. He is trying to sell it so he would like it to be a cheap fix. Right now it is like a lowrider in the rear and rides like a old pickup.
    Thanks,
    Zack
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

check the fuse for the air compressor first, if the fuse is good, check for power at the air compressor electrical plug.......if you have power there, suspect the compressor
    to test the rear airbags to see if they hold air, put some compressed air in the schrader valve at thew compressor......if the rear bags stay up for a few hours or more, thay are working
    keep me posted
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks alot lincolnmania we will check those things out.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Hi zwack88

Air suspension is my bag Click Here for air ride help

My geuss is fuse "U" in the power distribution box is blown due to a faulty or overworked compressor because the air springs are leaking.

Regards

Dereck
        President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Working...
        X