Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Shock pump

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

What else would I need to make this work? OE type stuff. I am fairly sure some of the wiring is there where it would be located under the hood
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

You want automatic self-levelling, correct? You will then need a height sensor, a suspension "brain", and all the harnesses that connect that brain to the height sensor, the compressor, and the door switches (self leveliing doesn't run if there is a door left open). If you harnesses are already in the car (the typical Town Car situation) it should be easy to get it to work, but if you're completely missing verything I'd suggest just wire it up to a manual switch, kinda like low-riders do. If you go the manual control way, you may want to also get a pressure gauge, so to not blow the shocks by overinfalting them.

Comment

I would probably go manual, do those pumps raise and lower the shocks or is there another valve that does that?
      2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

The compressor inflates the shocks, for deflating them there is a purge valve with a solenoid built in that cube-like part of the unit where the drier attaches to. The harness to the unit has four wires, haven't figiured out which one does what though - assume one is ground, one provides power for the compressor, one powers up the solenoid for the purge valve, and about the 4th one I have no clue.

Comment

There is supposed to be a drier attached to that thing too. Its a black round can thing with a fitting on top the air line pops into. It sits into that large opening by the "cube". I want to plumb my auto level back in, and build a control box that I can override it with. Flip one switch to set it to manual control, and have an inflate and deflate button or something. I'd also like to install an air pressure guage into the system.

BTW, Ray I've got your old wagon springs in my car. Remember how you said you thought your wagon sat crooked with them? My car sits crooked with them too, so it must be the springs lol.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
            BTW, Ray I've got your old wagon springs in my car. Remember how you said you thought your wagon sat crooked with them? My car sits crooked with them too, so it must be the springs lol.
            I put brand new ones in mine and it still sits crooked. When I sit in the drivers seat it is level, so maybe they are made that way. Even switched right to left and no difference.
            2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Now, to connect this to my Air Shocks, plumbing wise, does it use the same size line as Air Shocks use or will I need to do some plumbing?
              2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

You'll need the drier to actually get an air line connection on. My compressor uses like 3/16" line, which is a kind of wierd size. My air shocks use 1/8" line or something small, so it'll need to be adapted.

Mine sits high on the passenger side. Maybe I'll try swapping the springs. I dunno, it doesn't bother me all that much and I haven't gotten motivated enough to fix it.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks, waiting for the seller to get back to me...
                  2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                  X