F-in radios not workin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-in radios not workin!

well the car 2001 P73HPP has been sitting since the 3rd week of march, this evening i got home and have been putting all my stuff back into the car. ive made it a habbit to take the radio out when i leave for a long period of time so it wont get stolen (im on my 4th radio), just a simple plug, so i plugged it back in today and no dice, put a new fuse in the fuse box even though it still looked good, checked all the wires, but it still isnt doing crap, put the factory radio in and that aint doin %!$#*& either.

im still under warantee so i was thinking maybe i should put the factory radio back in and bring the car in and play dumb, that is, if its some sort of chafed wires in the dash. i do put mice bait and mothballs in the car so i really dont think this is a mouse problem

well i found out what was wrong. that micro plug dealerdooder is fucked the little metal female ends on two are pushed down and the plastic is cracked i checked the voltages and everything is good. went to the cab company down the street and all the aero radio harnesses have different plugs. so for now i NI-,,, i mean, "jimmy rigged" my xm to a few old computer speakers and the amp into the household current into an inverter into the cigarette lighter. I NEED MY TUNES.

now i need to decide on one of 3 things

1. go to the dealership and try and get them to foot the bill under the warantee

2. try and find a junkyard radio wiring harness with the correct end off a 98+ ?
    3. cut off the plugs and splice all the wires straight togeather with no plug

Comment

Fix the radio yet?

Comment

youbetcha-eh

Comment

Check for a bent-missing-slipped out of place pin in the harness, and check the radio connector pins also.

Comment

thats what did it....

ended up blowing a fuse too.

Comment

I have a suggestion DANARCHY, Borrow me that radio I take it to the shootig range and I will fix it with my new FN 308 Sniper Rifle with AP bullets at 100 yards after that I send it to you again with video proof, ¿ how's that ?

ATT, SNIPER 308. PROUD OWNER OF "MERC-75 INTERCEPTOR"
              MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308
                I have a suggestion DANARCHY, Borrow me that radio I take it to the shootig range and I will fix it with my new FN 308 Sniper Rifle with AP bullets at 100 yards after that I send it to you again with video proof, ¿ how's that ?

ATT, SNIPER 308. PROUD OWNER OF "MERC-75 INTERCEPTOR"

i got a buttload of relatively new yet empty liquor bottles you can have at

Comment

Working...
                X