New owner of a GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner of a GM

Hello! I've been lurking quite a lot, just gathering information... but now I have something to say.

As of today, I am the owner of a 1985 Grand Marquis LS.
    It was free, given to me by some friends who were moving and didn't need the car any more. It's in very nice condition, other than the front passenger seat having some duct tape on it, so what, all I care about is how well it runs, and run well it does. In fact it runs a little too well, it will tempt me to drive it more than I need to and cost me a small fortune in gas.

An interesting story is behind this car; not too long ago, the PO had a collision with another vehicle. PO told me the other vehicle was a write-off, because the front end broke apart, being it was a much newer car. I couldn't even see any damage on the GM, until I looked closer at the rear wheel well. The metal cover for it was slightly out of round. A bit dented. No paint was scratched, no dent on the fender itself. The insurance company couldn't believe it, the GM had less than $500 damage, which mean, virtually none. The driver barely felt the other car hit. This GM is a tank! I love it! Except at the gas pump, but you can't always have everything.

I shall post pics of said wonderous GM later...

BRC
    Rocinante, 1985 Grand Marquis LS with all the trimmings.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes- !!
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Nice, and welcome!

Where in Cali are you?
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!
          I'm in the Monterey Peninsula area.

Comment

Welcome!
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

When you gonna do the HO conversion?
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Welcome! check out the CFI forum and archives for lots of info specific to what you got under the hood.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Howdy!
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

to GMN!!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks for the continuing welcomes!
                      I posted pics of "Rocinante" in Reader's Rides.

Comment

Welcome, we need more west coasters. I LOVE my car like no other car I've ever owned.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

You know, I've gotten some looks while driving her yesterday, either they are looks of admiration, or incredulity that I can still afford to drive her...

The other thing is, it isn't a car that zips around like my Golf, (even if the Golf is almost as old as the GM) but Rocinante moves majestically. It's actually refreshing, I find myself more relaxed at the end of a drive. It's like, "Yes, you can pass me if you want... I'm a cruise ship. Go on and hurry and stress out, if you want, go on ahead!"
                          Not that this car can't move, it's just the gas tank needle goes down really fast, if I use too heavy a foot.
                          I did test her out the first day from a green light, on a hill with a bottleneck, which turns into an on-ramp to the freeway, and she certainly could hold her own. There was a Geo Prizm that wanted to be in front, but gave up, when the driver realized I wasn't going to let up on the pedal. Not that I was racing, mind you, I just wanted to see what she could do. Well, okay, maybe I raced a little... >:P

Comment

Hello...
                            Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                            RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                            Originally posted by p71towny
                            Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                            :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

You raced a Geo Prizm? I wouldn't say that to too many people.

Comment

Working...
                              X