Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hillbilly SUV gets Push bars!!

New old stock police pushies!

I got them from a guy on ebay who goes by the seller name policecarparts or something similar. It took him almost a month to get around to shipping them, and didn't bother shipping them in the manner I paid for. They finally showed up after I called him at home slightly later every other night for 2 ½ weeks. At any rate I finally got them and installed them on Herkimer. (Aka the Hillbilly SUV)

I will not recommend the seller, but the push bars are great.

In case that didn’t pop up.

http://users.mikrotec.com/furyiii/actions%20shots%20small/pushies!!.jpg

p.s. how many of you did that pic work for, and how many of you can see the pic in my sig?
    I have been having trouble with linked pics for a while despite making sure they are turned on in my CP.

The next upgrade is some small Unity brand fog lights. (Aka mini spots!)
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

I like it! Looks really tough. :beerbang
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Looks good. I had considered getting a 4x4 fabrication shop to build me a full pushbar, just for shits and giggles.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I need to look at a pic of the new setina or whatever brand they use to double check, but, I think the brackets would be super easy to fabricate to put these on a box.

BTW, the big cross bar in the front was something I added. It is 1/2" thick aluminum which I had laying around, but it keeps everything square, and it gives me some place to mount the brackets for my mini spots, without having to mount them straight on the bumper.

Axle codes
        Open/Lock/Ratio #
        -----------------------
        G / H / 2.26
        B / C / 2.47
        8 / M / 2.73
        7 / - / 3.07
        Y / Z / 3.08
        4 / D / 3.42
        F / R / 3.45
        5 / E / 3.27
        6 / W / 3.73
        2 / K / 3.55
        A / - / 3.63
        J / - / 3.85

Comment

Looks preety good but looks a lil crooked
          1999 CVPI
          Old Rides
          1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
          1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

looks good mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

As an interesting side note, I was looking on a website where guys are talking about how to best set these cars up for a demo derby the other day.
              (don't worry, all my boxes are safe) It seems a common problem with them in a derby, is the front bumper folding up, way to early in the game. It was said that if you throughbolt the outer skin of the bumper, to the inner bumper, it holds up 10 times better.

I have often wondered how much better my old 91 CV (rip) would have fared if the bumper hadn't folded up on the passenger side.
              So I got a little carried away and not only through-bolted the pushbar to the inner bumper, I also put a couple extras, towards the outside edges of the bumper. You can sorta see them in the pic above. The bumper still rests on the 5mph safety mounts and still gives like it should, but with the pushbars, and all the brackets that hold it on, and square, it has to be a lot stiffer that it was before.

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

Looks good. The only thing I would be worried about is frame damage if you ever hit something hard. In a derby, nobody cares about frame damage. On the street though, you make that front end too stiff and the damage will ripple down to the next weakest link in your frame. Those throughbolts could be the difference between replacing a front clip and buying another box.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

In my 91 (rip) the right side of the frame was tweaked a bit. The bumper folded up like a house of cards and destroyed the whole front clip anyway.
                  I t-boned a rice burner at an angle (attempting to avoid) and took the brunt of the impact on the passeneger side.

If the bumper was stiffer, the load would have been spread more equally across both sides of the frame, instead of just the passenger side.

On the Hillbilly SUV, I left it mounted on the 5mph safety mounts, but reinforced the bumper a bit.

In a high speed collision, nothing is going to help much, but for lower speed stuff, I can't see it doing anything but helping minimize the damage. Considering the that I will be pushing stuff around with this car, and going off road, I think it was a good compromise.

Axle codes
                  Open/Lock/Ratio #
                  -----------------------
                  G / H / 2.26
                  B / C / 2.47
                  8 / M / 2.73
                  7 / - / 3.07
                  Y / Z / 3.08
                  4 / D / 3.42
                  F / R / 3.45
                  5 / E / 3.27
                  6 / W / 3.73
                  2 / K / 3.55
                  A / - / 3.63
                  J / - / 3.85

Comment

Looks good! I'd get rid of the factory bumperettes tho...

Yes the picture is showing in your post here, altho there isn't one in your sig. Just a link. Just do the [img] code like on CVN, same thing.
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

get the fender trim on yet
                      sigpic
                      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Yep!
                        I put it on there saturday night. Looks much better, but I still need to clean it up a bit though.

Axle codes
                        Open/Lock/Ratio #
                        -----------------------
                        G / H / 2.26
                        B / C / 2.47
                        8 / M / 2.73
                        7 / - / 3.07
                        Y / Z / 3.08
                        4 / D / 3.42
                        F / R / 3.45
                        5 / E / 3.27
                        6 / W / 3.73
                        2 / K / 3.55
                        A / - / 3.63
                        J / - / 3.85

Comment

like to see a pic if ya can get one
                          sigpic
                          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Pipe bumper man. I want a tube prerunner bumper for mine.
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS
                            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride
                              Pipe bumper man. I want a tube prerunner bumper for mine.

And run it back to the front crossmember for skidplates...
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                              X