Bring out yer wheels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring out yer wheels...

Let's start a list of viable wheel options. What wheels would you run?

I want some 17" wheels to clear the big brakes. I know 16s clear, but I'd rather go ahead with 17s. Here's what I have in mind, exactly:

I really like the black wheels. I know they're heavy, being steel, but they'll do the trick on my current budget. When finances allow, maybe I'll upgrade to some bling bling aluminums.

Cragar Soft 8
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

I'd run what I have....

Or just some stock 16" steelies...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Your Bullits?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Let's say I had a ton of cash, I would have custom stock turbine style rims made. Only difference would be that they would be 7" and 8" wide. I would also have the inner areas of the fins a different color. For the CV, they would be a darker gray. For the GM, they would be black or a dark brown.

If I'm supposed to think realistically, I'd probably shoot for a set of Cragar SS's for the CV. I have no clue of what I want to run on the GM.

Comment

Yeah, I like the bullitts. Though I'd like the larger aftermarket ones...17 or 18 by 10" with some 335mm wide tires.

Justin, there are places that widen wheels....

Comment

I've considered a set of 16" police steelies and have 'em widened to 9" in the rear. Only problem is doing that while keeping a 4" backspacing isn't gonna happen without it looking shoddy.
            Not to mention it's expensive... and I can have the Cragars above on my door step for $220 and another $40 for the centers. That works plenty well enough for me.

Comment

Not a bad deal...

Comment

Yeah. Especially considering the police wheels are $225/pc at the local dealer.

Most people won't be able to tell the difference between these and the "real" ones. I'm not trying to impersonate- I just like black wheels and this is the cheapest way to get 'em. I'm okay with that.

Comment

I'm keeping the turbines, possibly milling them a little to accept some center caps.
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

225 each? Holy shit! I paid 50 or 60 bucks brand new from the dealer! Like 220 for the set...

Comment

That was several years ago, though. I'm gonna go by there tomorrow, just to see. If I can get 'em for moderately cheap with center caps, I'll go that route. How wide of a tire can I run on 7" wheels? I think the PIs are running 225s...

Comment

225/60/16 is stock. 245/45 or so most people run without any issues.

I bought my 16's in 2001 or 2002...

Comment

If you're going to go with standard old black 16" police steelies, why not just raid the local junkyard? Can probably get them fairly cheap there.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The local junkyards charge $25/pc for wheels. If I can get 'em new for $50-60, I'm doing that. None of the yards take ANY care of wheels. Most are rusty and would require blasting and painting.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat

I am really likin these.......

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

Working...
                              X