new seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new seats

These will go in the front, once I figure out how to bolt them to the stock power tracks (might have to do double sliders):
    Last edited by ; 02-05-2010, 04:56 AM.

What were they in?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

2000 Neon

Comment

Nice. Think they're comfortable enough for your Panther?
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

If I had any doubts I wouldn't buy them at all - they are a little stiff, but the side support makes up for that pretty well Also these are one of the few seats I've seen that you can actually use the headrests without leaning so back that your neck starts hurting. As I said, the major problem here now is getting them in, as unlike the Panther seats those have the tracks as part of the frames, so I'll have to play around that - they way I see it right now I'll have to have two sliders on these seats, the manual that are build in the seats, and the ones from the Panther power tracks. That, or just say fuck it to the power tracks and run all manual, but then I'll have to throw several inches of lift to get the height where I want it... we'll see, I gotta fix my damn front brakes first.
          Last edited by ; 06-07-2006, 02:24 AM.

Comment

The way the mounts look.... They may bolt right into my 84 LTD... the mounts look almost like the ones on my buckets in the "baby"....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
            Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Are there any true buckets that bolt into panthers from other fords? I have the newer floor pan so maybe a taurus seat or a probe seat would fit? I dont want cop buckets though, not enough side bolstering.
              -Matt
              1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I hear taurus seats werk...Tom W. said that awhile back...
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Might have to hit up the junkyard and play around with the seats...
                  -Matt

Comment

I foud a way to do them right! basically I take bottom of the seat off the sliders, drill the rivets that hold the side plates for the back of the seat to the sliders, lose the sliders, cut some 16x1x0.25" flat steel rails, drill them out and bolt the side plates to them, bolt the bottom of the seat to the rails, bolt the whole damn thing to my existing power sliders. That is 7 rivets and 3 welds per seat, then 9 new holes to be drilled out in the steel rails, so it shouldn't take too long.

Tom, I still have the passeneger seat intact (driver's is undergoing the above procedure), do you want me to measure some distance for you?

Comment

it shouldn't be too hard - the tops of our seat tracks are flat and simple, a hole at each corner, all level with each other. Minor adaptation should be all it takes.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Had some Taurus SHO seats. Still have them and the car. Stored the thing at a friends farm. Some one broke in the sun roof and stole some of the engine parts and a front wheel. Had plans for that engine wanted to put it in a RWD car and the seats in my GM. nEED SOMETHING TIRED OF DRIVING AROUND CORNERS WITH ONE HAND HOLDING ON WITH THE OTHER. shoot hit the cap key again.
                        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

So do you know if the SHO seats fit?
                          -Matt

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                            Some one broke in the sun roof and stole some of the engine parts and a front wheel.
                            note to the criminal.

1. you dont need to get to the interior to take a wheel off a car

2. just pry open the hood instead of going into the car and using the latch

3. its a hell of alot easier to break the drivers window, or one of the other side windows to gain entry.

also noticed from riding and driving in a ford focus and a honda crv recently, that the ass and width of the seat are quite smaller and narrower. not something i'd be willing ot sacrifice. on a large car with big seats

Comment

They didnt stop there. Later they got in the barn and stole 2 quad runners and ran one of them into the door of my 70 Mustang. Also got the front shocks and upper mounts, front roll pan and sway bar off it.
                              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                              X