Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm BAAAAAACCCKKKKK....

Geez, can you tell I'M bored????

Well, had the WHOLE Christmas Holidays off.. so here is what I did... NOTHING..... I worked off Thursday morning.... had ambitions of working on the car... Well, on Wednesday night I noticed a little sniffle.... no big deal... So Thursday morning.. a full blown COLD!!! GEEEZ... I get FOUR days off, and get sick... On top of that.. good old Florida weather co-operated, of course... Lets see, here is the upper panhandle forcast for this last weekend....

Thusday, cold, (26 to 38 degrees.. Yah i know it isn't as cold as up north, but thats cold in this area) cloudy, rain, no sleet or snow yet!

Friday.. COLD, rainy, sleet, a little snow, (A couple of flakes) back to sleet, back to rain, back to sleet... well, you get the drift....

Saturday.. Continued COLD... sleet, rain, sleet, rain, oh, back to sleet.... continues on that way ALL day and night...
    So, Saturday night I go out to check on my retirement funds... I.E., the Lotto.. and when I leave the store, I come upon an accident, and of course, no one is there yet, so I couldn't just drive by... (remember I am sick with a VERY bad cold, 36 dgrees, and sleeting right then...) So I stop, ask if everone is OK, call it in on my radio, and a Deputy shows up... So I think, GOOD I'm out of here.... well, a "Good samaritan" who let the lady of one car and her son sit in his Ford Explorer, comes over and says hey, this 11 year old boy is complaining of neck pain now.... I can tell by the way he is talking a mile a minute he is a little excitable... GREAT... So I tell the deputy to call EMS and Fire, (I am about two blocks out of my district) So I go over and check him out.. oh, I forgot to mention, that the heavans have opened up again with a HARD rain.... And I am NOT dressed for this.. I have on nice street clothes, and a leather jacket.. not my Fire/Rescue Coat.. so by the time I get over to Mr. Samaritans truck, I am now soaked... So I get in the back seat with the boy, and close the door, to "keep him warm" yah right, I want to stay DRY!!!! So I check him out, hold neck traction, I am telling him he probably doesn't have anything too badly wrong, it is probably from the seat belt, as I can see a belt mark on the side of his neck... They will just take some X-rays, and send him home... So about this time Mr. Samaritan gets in the front seat, and starts telling mom, that he needs to get checked out cause he could have a broken neck, and he could sneeze and it would snap, and be either paralyzed, or he could die... etc... Now, I have already talked Mom into getting him to go with EMS to get checked.... So, thanks to Mr. Good Samaritan, the kid now gets scared, (More than he already was) And announces he is going to faint... So he starts to faint, I catch him twice, and is talking to him and starting to get him calmed down again when Mr. Samaritan starts in again.. well the kid decides to projectile vomit... all over the back seat of Mr Samaritans LEATHER and carpeted back seat.. (It was sort of a Eddie Bauer edition type truck) Oh, by the way, you know those neat pockets on the back of the front seats that people put oh, like CD's in and stuff??? You guessed it.. about 10 CD's... filled it right up!!! I am now trying NOT to laugh.... So EMS gets there, croak out a report to the paramedic, a friend of mine, (Thats right, NO voice!) and I tell him that I am out of here... before I need to go to the E.R.... So I walk back to my car.. (STILL raining...) I got home and had to Completely change clothes I was so wet.... Then I decided the hell with it, I was going to bed.... before Our fuckin pager went off, and I got tempted to run another call..... turning off the pager as I get in bed....
    Sunday... still cold, but the skys cleared up, But since I still had very little voice, I was staying in... Watched more TV this weekend than I have in 10 years!!!
    Monday.. cool, mid fiftys, and nice out... got the seats to the upholstery shop to get them done, and did a few other things to the car FINNALLY... got the rest of the carpet out, will be fixing the rust in the floor boards, and coating the floor with a liberal coat of rubberized undercoating... thats what the guy doing my seats does when they replacs carpets in cars... He showed me one they just coated.. and it look really good.. so thats tommorow.... The seats will be done in a couple of weeks.,. he is really backed up from the holidays.. no big thing, I have ALOT to do other wise to the car.... Carpets, redye the dash, install the new stereo speakers in the dash and back deck, run wires for emergency equipment, put all the trim back in after the carpets etc.....

I DID get some new toys for Christmas... about 4-5 diecast Cop cars etc.. and a new pair of New Balance Tennis shoes so my old new balance tennis shoes have been downgraded to junkyard, parts gettin, muddy ground, shoes! The rest of my "Christmas" is getting the seats done for the '84.....

Ho Ho Ho..... Tom....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

glad you are vertical again tom!
    i need to take some pics of my collection of model crown vics and towncars, cougars and other asst cars you would prob enjoy them
    a belated merry xmas to you tom!
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
    X