Power Window and Power lock Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Window and Power lock Problem

So i was just sitting in my car today and started fiddlein around with my locks and windows. So first i tryed my windows and as i held down the buttons to all of tem (no releasing my pressure on them at all) the windows frze from going down and than continued not all at once but the frint two at differnt times, and than i wen to test my locks i tihnk they all work but the switches on the front doors dont move like they are suppost to and its loose and fix on them or no.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Sounds like you overloaded the circuit breaker for the windows. Don't try and open all 4 at once and this won't be a problem.

If the lock levers don't move when you hit the switch, and you can't hear the lock motor, they aren't working. They go bad fairly regularly. Just replace them or disconnect them if you don't use it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well i tryed the one window and still does it and the locks they work but the little pieces on the front door dont move and also i went to my tailgate to try to put the window down back there with the key but it took so much force to turn the key that i thought i was gunna break the key it is also kinda hard to turn the key in my front doors too is it gunky do i need grafite
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

when the lock motor seize up, they prevent you from locking them manually very easily, and sometimes at at. You'll have to disconnect them to free up the lock mechanism.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I have some lock motors. Some have different linkages but can be interchanged. They can be removed without drilling out the rivet usually.
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire
            well i tryed the one window and still does it and the locks they work but the little pieces on the front door dont move and also i went to my tailgate to try to put the window down back there with the key but it took so much force to turn the key that i thought i was gunna break the key it is also kinda hard to turn the key in my front doors too is it gunky do i need grafite
            Dont use graphite. Better to use some engine oil.

Comment

What pete said about the lock motors. If the keys don't work its almost surely the lock motors seized up or going bad.

As long as the windows go up and down, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine go up at different rates too, Lube up the window mechanism with some white grease while you're in there replacing the lock motors and it should help.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well it realy only my tailgate key thats real tough anyone got one of them
                sigpic

Comment

get it out and post a pic. It might be the same as a door just a different linkage.

Comment

I think they are the same motor. Open up the tailgate and grease all the moving parts if the motor is still working. It should help free things up. Actually I really reccomend greasing all the moving parts in every door just to save the motors. Those bushings will crumble if you overload them. Its designed as a safety function, the plastic supposedly breaks if you get something stuck in the window to keep you from losing a body part or shattering the glass.

Comment

Working...
                    X