No announcement yet.

We made the jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signatures is in your user settings. make sure you check the box next to show signatures and then click the save button at the bottom.

As for the keeping you logged in, you may have to clear your cache for anything on this site so it starts fresh. Old cookie data from the previous version could be causing issues. I'll also check the login timeout options on the server and see if they're correct.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Did all that before I posted with the same results.
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I've had no issues with showing signatures or logins since clearing my browser cache after I fixed the cookie prefix mismatch yesterday. I don't need to use the remember me box either to stay logged in. Session timeout is set at one hour. I'm guessing if you close the browser or stay idle for more than an hour, you get logged out. I always log out as a rule myself since I'm an admin even though nobody else messes with my computers. Just a force of habit as a security measure. No clue if it's possible to stay logged in all the time.

Not real sure how to proceed if I can't reproduce the issue.

Try clearing your cache again. I just managed cookies and deleted all referencing grandmarq.net and haven't had issues since. This also saves all the info for other sites.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          GM_Guy: I also got the banner fixed to where it all resizes as a whole line instead of dropping images below each other. Let me know if that's working for you.
          All formatted properly now!

Originally posted by sly View Post
          As for the keeping you logged in, you may have to clear your cache for anything on this site so it starts fresh. Old cookie data from the previous version could be causing issues. I'll also check the login timeout options on the server and see if they're correct.
          The longer the timeout the better.​ I am of the never timeout camp.

Looking at the passowrd cookie, might be specific to this vbb version, but the expiry is set to the login time and date. (compared to others that are set to expiry months or years in advance)
          Last edited by GM_Guy; 12-19-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I'll keep trying - deleted the cache in Chrome so we'll see. I thought all the cookies/cache were cleaned automatically when logging off?

Comment

With the config files not matching each other, there may be leftover garbage in the cookies with the wrong prefix. That may be where the weirdness is coming from. I'm not up on how cookies work... or PHP for that matter. So no real clue what's going on and I'm just guessing.

Comment

LOL Have no idea what you guys are speaking about, hell I am still running Microsoft Windows XL

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                  LOL Have no idea what you guys are speaking about, hell I am still running Microsoft Windows XL
                  I know folks that would still be on Windows 3.1x if they had the choice.

Comment

cookies work with milk. Beyond that I don' really know

its working for me currently, but it was wonky before I dumped the cache and all that. Of course there is now somewhere I need to 2fa log in to using some stupid app I deleted from my phone so I'm not quite sure how to fix that problem. I think I'm logged in there from another computer, hopefully I can set the app back up from where I'm logged in and fix things.

as for the adtr thing, I clicked on it and it took me to boobs, which is why I said something. It works now. Not sure if that says too much about my browsing habits or what but the content that loaded was most definitely not the content I was expecting.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

odd. I've only put a hard link to adtr.net on that image and nothing else. I'd be scanning my computer for malware if I got redirected to boobs from that link.

Comment

Still having the problem of my signature not showing. Cleared cache and cookies in my browser so this is something new.

Comment

Type and post a post and refresh the page, my sig appears then.
                          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Let's give it a try!

Comment

Works but wonder if I need to do this every time I post?

Comment

Seems so as I had to do it again after the last post!

Comment

Working...
                                X