No announcement yet.

We made the jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But do you need to see your sig immediately after posting, knowing that it's there for others and for you when you open the page again later?
    Obviously since it actually isn't missing, it's a very minor thing, but I can understand the frustration.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

probably a quirk of the quick post since it doesn't reload the page to show the signature.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If I preview first and then post does it show sig?

Edit: nope. But as soon as the edit is done, the sig shows.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
          But do you need to see your sig immediately after posting, knowing that it's there for others and for you when you open the page again later?
          Obviously since it actually isn't missing, it's a very minor thing, but I can understand the frustration.
          Yeah, nobody needs to take my ties or shoelaces away from me it is a minor frustration, at worst
          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Am I the only one who turns off sigs?

Remember me is working for me, did not need to relogin today.

Comment

Great job guys!
              Thanks for all your hard work.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Login issue should be solved for everyone now. Remember Me is checked by default now.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                  Am I the only one who turns off sigs?

Remember me is working for me, did not need to relogin today.
                  I keep them on mainly for the links to the reader's ride threads. I've tried to follow things with email alerts but it's just easier to go "hmm. let's see what's new here" when a post pops up by someone.

I also miss the old "new post" homepage. I found this thread by clicking the latest posts link but it took a second to find instead of just being the default when you hit the site. I'm not sure if the TalkBass forums uses the same forum software anymore. They used to use the old v4 and upgraded to the new site a few years ago but managed to keep a "latest posts" home page. Link for the lazy for an example: https://www.talkbass.com/

It would be really nice to have something like that again but I completely understand if it's not possible and the current way is the new way of doing it.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                  X