X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which logo to use at the top?

Current logo:

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
    I dunno if somebody did something but now there's a very convenient "today's posts" button on the front page. Thanks I guess

For the banners... I'd be cleaner completely without them. Replace the "rustic" logo with a simple-ish banner that doesn't need to change according to potm or anything. Something like what crownvic.net has. Or maybe just add some sort of slogan below the URL logo.
    I don't know what position RockAuto has on this forum in terms of sponsorship or what, but I guess the banner exists for a reason.

I whipped these up with my (worse than sly's) graphic design skills, mostly an idea put on paper, no effort really.

Or maybe like this:
    Old logo

I've also made a couple transparent versions in black and white treads:

White treads obviously look better on a dark background and black treads on a light background.

other:
    Current rustic letters
    0%
    Arquemann's text logo
    45.45%
    Arquemann's text logo with FLM logo
    45.45%
    Old tire tread logo
    0%
    Transparent old logo black tread
    0%
    Transparent old logo white tread
    0%
    Other (post the logo in thread)
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by sly; 12-23-2022, 11:15 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I actually like the Ford Lincoln Merc one but worried about copyright issues with that.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I also had that thought. FoMoCo might not like us using their logo. Untoward attention may lead to other issues.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Actually, it may not be an issue. The POTM banner uses the 3 logos as well

Comment

Yeah. That just came to mind as well so maybe NBD?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah the FLM logo copyright issue is a concern of mine as well.

Worst case I suppose we could just swap it if a C&D letter ever arrived.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

For some reason I can't see the images of the other logos sly posted, only the pic of the current.
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
              1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

ok... I put direct image links. Hopefully that will work better than the quoted attachments.

Comment

Still not working
                  I think this is the first time I have issues seeing images on the new site.
                  It's just those last 3 that aren't visible. Earlier today it there was just some text in place of the images, something along the lines of "image attachment: gmnlogo.jpg attachment id xxxxx"
                  Now there's just empty boxes. I did clear cache today aswell.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Noworky.png
Views:	110
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1384303

Comment

ok, now they're linked to actual files on the server instead of attachment database.

This is odd as I've not had that issue. I wonder if it's a server load issue as when I see the pages load slowly, it takes images really long to load. Not sure though. I do know that there's some other customer on the server host that's using a shedload of resources at night time in the US that was causing a lot of issues Sunday night when I was hammering out a lot of the fixes.
                    Last edited by sly; 12-20-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Now they are indeed visible. And I have cast my vote lol
                      I guess I'm too new here to have seen those old logos, they sure are old school cool, but kinda hard to read.

Comment

I do like how the top banners came out on the new system but not keen on the "grandmarq.net" look. Maybe it's the font type?
                        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I used a "Computerfont" for that rustic one. I did that just to not see the vBulletin logo. If anyone has any ideas, please post them and vote "other". The poll is set to expire end of Friday.

Comment

I'd be concerned with using the ford logo, how many forums hasn't ford challenged legally for the use of the trademarked logos. The POTM might sorta fly under the radar due to use, but the main site banner might draw attention if it has the trademarked logos. I do like the look, but wouldn't want to poke the bear.
                            Personally, I do like the woody logo.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                              I used a "Computerfont" for that rustic one. I did that just to not see the vBulletin logo. If anyone has any ideas, please post them and vote "other". The poll is set to expire end of Friday.
                              The font on the "crownvic.net" site is rather nice. So are the cars and background that go along with it.
                              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
                              X