No announcement yet.

Forum software updated to VBulletin 4.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and there's still the bogus login/pass fields up top under the banners. That on the to-do list?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I get constant database errors, and timeouts, no matter what time of day I come here. The site is fine at first, then times out or database errors after a few minutes, and then will not come back up whatsoever for a few minutes after that. Never had a single problem before the update. The constant timeouts and database errors are so aggravating and time consuming that I can't read more than a few threads here each time I visit now.

Comment

I've watched the server load when it acts up, and its usually high. This is on a shared server, so I have no clue how many other people are using this same machine to feed their websites. VB4 is more database intensive. I can change settings to make it not quite so db intensive but when I did, I got complaints about it. Basically it would revert the new thread behavior to exactly what it was before the software upgrade, meaning if you're inactive for a while, it marks the threads as read and 'new posts' gives you only what was posted since last activity instead of forcing you to use the 'mark forums read' link. Personally, I think the new method sucks and I'd rather it be like before.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ah, already discussing the weird UserCP behavior, it appears. Not been getting the "database error" readouts myself, just UserCP displaying either just two or three updated subscribed threads or not hiding those I just replied to.

Actually, now I feel weirdly like I've already posted in here about this once before .... if so,
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. Steps to duplicate please ? I did change the read marking behavior, its not instantaneous anymore. It behaves like most other forums, and how this one behaved before the upgrade. There may be some lag between when things show as read vs when you actually read them. The instantaneous stuff uses a lot of database processing, and since most indications were that the slow speed is related to the database, I figured I'd give it a break and see if anything changed.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I get database errors all the time in the morning. I just go on CVN instead :p
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

when you click on "new posts" after logging in... you get a list. Once you're through with it and click new posts again... the list stays and any new stuff is added to the top. The already read stuff doesn't go away. Not really an issue for me... but takes a little getting used to.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

it was always doing that for me before I changed it. Now it works normally. I go away for 30 minutes or so, and the new posts are cleared and only new new stuff remains. The session timeout is 25 minutes, so basically if you're inactive for that amount of time, it will clear it. Previously, if I didn't manually click 'mark forums as read', it would just keep listing stuff that was days and days old.

Comment

dunno if it's a problem with just my username or the site... but I can't accept or reject friend requests. all scripts enabled on this site with firefox 4.01

Comment

Please re enable manage attachment functions on private messages ktnxbai!

Comment

find me directions on how, and I will make it so. ktnxbai.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                          dunno if it's a problem with just my username or the site... but I can't accept or reject friend requests. all scripts enabled on this site with firefox 4.01
                          bah... figured out WTF I was doing wrong.

*Herps the Derps*

Comment

you were not clicking the picture to accept them right?
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

hehehe ... Slymer herped the derp ....
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                you were not clicking the picture to accept them right?
                                ding ding ding... we have a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X