Forum software updated to VBulletin 4.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    I liked the comment last night to the effect of "Hopefully it will not all end horribly.
    i lol'd at that. even though thats real shit..lol

and X2. the box section of CVN is hurting guys, feel free.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Just got into my PM Inbox without any sort of weird error code or lock up. No other issues here.

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Nice work Thain and any other mods/admins that helped out. I wish I could say I knew what I was doing and help out....but I can't. I don't mind the new look whatsoever. It is all good with me.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just trust me....I have visit some of sites with the same style you have here! Believe it or not this version is alots better than older one.
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            try the Back2Basic skin, should have slightly better contrast.
            That's better.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Its just going to take some getting used to... to everyone that is bitching.

Excellent job on getting it up and running, Thain and company.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Nice work Thain and any other mods/admins that helped out. I wish I could say I knew what I was doing and help out....but I can't. I don't mind the new look whatsoever. It is all good with me.

and thanks for taking the time to do all the techy install stuff, so GMN can go farward!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  and thanks for taking the time to do all the techy install stuff, so GMN can go farward!
                  x2
                  1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                  1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    One other thing that ought to be way easy would be a link to the /vb/usercp.php. That's actually what I have bookmarked instead of the "main" pages because it's handier and doesn't show subscribed threads that haven't been updated by someone else since I checked them.

And I did have a certain affection for the skins of the old system that let us search for tags from the regular search pulldown. But hardly a big deal.

The haters all need to go try to revive the Box section on CVN if you find new stuff such an inconvenience.

I've been trying to get a UserCP button back at the top. I used that button all the time as well and am dying without it. Having trouble getting one to work though, I'm not as familiar with the coding used in vb4 as I was with the old one, but I'll keep working on it.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Huh, goofy. Guess I have no idea what is and isn't easy. Though, maybe a (temporary) solution would be to stick a link up on the header, which I assume is manually configured in a separate document (inserted via some sort of "include" command) and entirely non-VB?
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        I was about to post that I too couldn't find my PMs... but when I went to post, I realized I wasn't logged in.

I should have known, because I was only seeing 10 posts/ page, as opposed to my reguilar 40/ page format.

Is there a way to change our personal viewing settings?
                        I just looked into your request...

Under forum...go to forum actions...then general settings. You can then scroll down to thread display options and select which one you want.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I just need to bag on vbulletin. I really hate the new look of this version. Why do software people (in general) always need to mess up something that is visually comfortable? Fix the bones, leave the look darn it.

Anyway, a couple things I noticed:
                          Where is the log in box? I had to hit reply to get a login prompt.

Where is the "You last visited on" time stamp? Its something I reference regularly, especially when I'm visiting from multiple computers throughout the day. Or have hit the "mark forum/forums read" prematurely.

Alex.

Comment

I cannot seem to find the login to my account box anywhere on the front page either. So what I am doing is going to a thread to reply to it to login, like Alex above me. I am also using a Mac and Firefox with flashblocker so maybe that is why?
                            1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

yeah i dunno wtf they did to the login box. maybe its something to do with the content manager thats our front page. There is a login at grandmarq.net though. If you aren't already logged in, it will show the login box right under the logo towards the top of the screen. Theres no logout link either. Lemme screw around with that and see if I can figure it out.

As for the visuals, I have to say I'm a bit surprised they didn't offer a vb3 look theme along with this one. I kinda like the new style tbh, but it would have made a lot of sense to retain theme compatibility with vb3. There are a lot of forums with heavily customized themes and its a pain in the ass rewriting that stuff.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I couldn't find a log in box. I haven't been on the laptop since before the upgrade. I logged in by trying to reply to a thread, and it took me to a 'you can't post because you aren't logged in' screen, where I could log in. I also don't see any place to log out.
                                Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-29-2011, 03:25 PM. Reason: I'm not the only one haha

Comment

Working...
                                X