X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P72Ford
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
    I love this new feature. If I have to go do something like the dishes or taking a crap, and I'm still logged in, I get to guess which threads have new posts when I get back. It's like an Easter egg hunt.
    If it takes you 25 minutes to take a shit, you're going to end up with some kind of 'roids...

I appreciate the effort, Thain. And coming from me... this new software is not all that bad, in my opinion. People just need to get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    before (at least for me) it would dump the read threads and only show unread/new threads when clicking on "new posts"

whichever will work for me... as long as it doesn't change all the time.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    This is the same as it was before the upgrade. The first thing I heard from everyone after the vb4 switch was how much shittier the software was and how much better it used to be. Make it more like it used to be, and now thats shitty. I give up.

Leave a comment:

• 91waggin
    replied
    Yeah definitely didn't like this when I came back and found that it had decided that I'd read everything, especially because it disables the "skip to first unread message" button.

Leave a comment:

• tjc78
    replied
    What do you have to guess? The threads in bold are new and the ones in regular type are read.

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    I love this new feature. If I have to go do something like the dishes or taking a crap, and I'm still logged in, I get to guess which threads have new posts when I get back. It's like an Easter egg hunt.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Appreciate the work and dedication Thain.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    started a topic forum read marking behavior changed

forum read marking behavior changed

This isn't gonna make a lot of sense to most folks, but I changed the forum read marking behavior. Basically what will happen is that if you're gone for 25 minutes or so, it marks everything read. Its the same behavior the forum had prior to the vb4 upgrade. Its a lot less processor and database intensive, so with some luck it will improve performance. I'm trying everything I can find to speed this up. I know its not quite what it used to be, but I'm doing my best with it. If anything goes catastrophically wrong, I'm sure I'll hear about it.
Working...
X