No announcement yet.

Buying 82' Merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd get it! Looks great. I love twotones!

Comment

i would buy that site unseen if only is wernt so far away

Comment

I talked to the guy a little more about it today. He said that all the power acc. work perfectly and the HVAC too . He said that the car has no rust at all, body nor frame. And the tranny shifts perfectly. The dark blue paint is a little faded, but oh well. Said the only problem is the flasher relay needs to be replaced.
        Soon to own 82' Grand Marq
        93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
        31" BFG A/T's

Comment

then what you waitin for? get it get it get it

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

sweet......
            Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
            RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
            Originally posted by p71towny
            Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
            :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              then what you waitin for? get it get it get it
              Got to wait for the paycheck.
              The guy isn't in a hurry to sell it, he said that I'm the only one that has even asked about it. Now the real challenge is getting the wife to approve (she thinks it's a piece of shit).

What would you guys do with it as far as mods go? I never seem to leave shit stock for long, I love tinkering with cars. It seems a little big to try to make it fast, although I would like to hop it up a little. I'm not really interested in bling or any of that crap.

I've only owned 4x4's til now, so this will be a change. I got a few grand into my Rodeo and I'm getting sick of driving my trail truck 60 miles to work and back everyday.

Does anyone here have something similar to this? I've searched around a little and haven't really found anyone that has a 82'.
              Last edited by josh93rodeo; 01-24-2008, 11:45 PM.
              Soon to own 82' Grand Marq
              93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
              31" BFG A/T's

Comment

Tiggie has an 82 LTD Vic so he can tell you all about them if you ask or he see's this.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The flasher is like a 6 dollar part, if that's even the problem.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I have an 82 and drive her everyday. I think, I think they run on neglect, cause it seems the more I take care of my shit, the more it expects.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by josh93rodeo View Post
                      Got to wait for the paycheck.
                      The guy isn't in a hurry to sell it, he said that I'm the only one that has even asked about it. Now the real challenge is getting the wife to approve (she thinks it's a piece of shit).

What would you guys do with it as far as mods go? I never seem to leave shit stock for long, I love tinkering with cars. It seems a little big to try to make it fast, although I would like to hop it up a little. I'm not really interested in bling or any of that crap.

I've only owned 4x4's til now, so this will be a change. I got a few grand into my Rodeo and I'm getting sick of driving my trail truck 60 miles to work and back everyday.

Does anyone here have something similar to this? I've searched around a little and haven't really found anyone that has a 82'.

My approach is to start with a four-barrel and dual exhaust, and go from there. Stock 5.0 Mustang headers are cheap and bolt on with just a little work. Later on you can swap the cam and heads, and maybe add a smaller (higher stall) torque converter. Deeper gears are always a good mod too, regardless of your power level (as long as you don't install something insane like 5.14's with a bone-stock engine), and with the popularity of Fox Mustangs, 8.8" gearsets can be had very easily.

There are a few year-to-year differences, but anyone with a '79-'82 car will have similar modding experiences, as it wasn't until '83 that the 302 cars got CFI. Carbs FTW!!!
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah, but 82 has the queer ass 7.5 rear end

Comment

7.5 in a Panther??? I demand photographic evidence!!!

Comment

MMMkay, I'll see if I have the tag in the garage, but I swear to you it is 7.5. Hold on.

Comment

Ok sorry, its 8.5

Comment

aaah. Yeah, we 8.5 guys can swap in an 8.8 carrier without mods.

What's your axle ratio, anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X