• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3:08 Posi

The tag reads

FZ * B 1H26
    3L08 8.5 V109C

Im suprised I found it in the garage, and it was cold but ya demanded pics.
    Attached Files
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Funny, I assumed the 8.5 was just used for super-tall axle ratios like my 2.26.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Nope, thats why I don't plan on messing with it. I just wanna swap a newer 8.8 with disc and 3:55 posi out of a donor car instead of messing with that whining pile.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by josh93rodeo View Post
          Got to wait for the paycheck.
          The guy isn't in a hurry to sell it, he said that I'm the only one that has even asked about it. Now the real challenge is getting the wife to approve (she thinks it's a piece of shit).

What would you guys do with it as far as mods go? I never seem to leave shit stock for long, I love tinkering with cars. It seems a little big to try to make it fast, although I would like to hop it up a little. I'm not really interested in bling or any of that crap.

I've only owned 4x4's til now, so this will be a change. I got a few grand into my Rodeo and I'm getting sick of driving my trail truck 60 miles to work and back everyday.

Does anyone here have something similar to this? I've searched around a little and haven't really found anyone that has a 82'.
          Get paid yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            Get paid yet?
            Not yet man
            It's still waiting for me though.

So, the 82' model would have a 8.5, not a 8.8?
            Soon to own 82' Grand Marq
            93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
            31" BFG A/T's

Comment

Originally posted by josh93rodeo View Post
              Not yet man
              It's still waiting for me though.

So, the 82' model would have a 8.5, not a 8.8?
              That's what they said above. You would most likely have the 8.5. The 8.8 is from the Mustang. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                That's what they said above. You would most likely have the 8.5. The 8.8 is from the Mustang. I think.
                '82 Mustangs all got the 7.5" rear, no?

But yeah, the 8.5" can be upgraded to an 8.8" by just changing the carrier - axles and everything should be the same.

Linky to more authoritative info courtesy of '81-wagon-racing member SLYDAWG: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...8&postcount=17
                Last edited by 1987cp; 01-27-2008, 03:21 AM.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the mustang v8 cars didnt get the 8.8 till 1985 iirc.......the 4 cyl cars continued with the 7.5

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks for the link and the info guys!
                    93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
                    31" BFG A/T's

Comment

I was looking at the pic of the engine a little closer and was wondering WTF are those little tubes going into the top of the aircleaner lid? Never seen that before.
                      Forgive me for being such a noob.

I love this forum so far!! I've been searching and reading tons of stuff. Most of the other forums I frequent are G-rated and people will start if you say anything you wouldn't say in church. Last time I checked if you're old enough to be turning wrenches, I'd hope your balls would have droped by then .
                      31" BFG A/T's

Comment

What's Church? :p

Comment

:nonono:
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

:lol:

Comment

Looking around on Cardomain, all the cars with CFI have those little tubes going into the top of the aircleaner lid. Would this be VV or CFI??

Also, I noticed I can't post anywhere but the noobie forum?? What's the deal with that?
                              31" BFG A/T's

Comment

They're trying something new I think. They are trying to clean up the forums. There have been a lot of people joining up, adding one post or even none at all and not posting anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X