Buying 82' Merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josh93rodeo View Post
    Looking around on Cardomain, all the cars with CFI have those little tubes going into the top of the aircleaner lid. Would this be VV or CFI???
    Trying to remember .... my 2150-equipped '79 had those tubes when I got it .... I think that's the thermostat for monitoring intake air temperature and deciding when to close the heat-stove valve that's supposed to prevent carb icing. My experience is that that stuff isn't 100% necessary - I've had zero icing problems on either car after installing Edelbrock carbs with aftermarket open-element air cleaners.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thanks 1987cp.

So how long am I grounded to the nood forum??
      Soon to own 82' Grand Marq
      93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
      31" BFG A/T's

Comment

I forget I think it's a week or so.

Comment

My Lincoln's 351W still with original 2150 carb since new from the factory.
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_MarkVI View Post
            My Lincoln's 351W still with original 2150 carb since new from the factory.
            93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
            31" BFG A/T's

Comment

He from British Columbia .. he only speaka ze French ....

j/k

Comment

You'll know as soon as you pop that air cleaner lid if its fuel injected or not, the two injectors will be right there. An 82' should be carbed but cfi wasn't a huge step up in most people's eyes.

It looks like a good buy. Polish up the paint and she'll be looking good.
                -Matt
                1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer View Post
                  You'll know as soon as you pop that air cleaner lid if its fuel injected or not, the two injectors will be right there. An 82' should be carbed but cfi wasn't a huge step up in most people's eyes.

+1 - some consider it a step back

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.
                    I can't wait to pick this thing up! Luckly the guy is being cool about it and is holding onto it for me.
                    I'll be sure to post some better pics when I get it.
                    31" BFG A/T's

Comment

good

Comment

Picking it up Sunday morning
                        31" BFG A/T's

Comment

Very nice and I see you are free from just being able to post only in the n00b forum.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            He from British Columbia .. he only speaka ze French....
                            Actually, he talks (or types) in a differnt speech pattern than us, not because he is Canadian, but because he is deaf. English is written differently for the deaf, based on their unique "speech" pattern instead of ours. Word order is differnt, some words aren't used at all, etc. We've talked about it some over the time we've been posting here. His posts read a little strange to the rest of us, but he's a great guy.
                            Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                            Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I can't wait to see the pics of the car when you get it.It should be a good daily driver.
                              How is Lake Tahoe these days?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                              X