5.0 efi ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0 efi ?

okay i have a question , i have located a 1988 ford crown vic police interceptor . it has the 5.0 efi , i imagine that is the mustang 5.0 ? since the 2000 vic has the mustang 4.6

the 88vic p72 that you located will have a 5.0 but not a mustang 5.0. The mustang 5.0 will have e7 heads ho cam bigger injectors and ho upper throttle body. the 88 vic 5.0 will have the lopo e6's

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

nope they came with a lowly 150 hp with single exhaust

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

so , other than the e7 heads and the throttle body and cams , its a 5.0 302 ? and will mustang parts bolt onto the vics engine ?

Comment

yes, but the H.O or the Mustang engine is a stronger thing to start with.
          If you are going to do a complete H.O swap, just get an H.O engine and the computer to go with it. If you want to do small performance mods like the mustang upper intake, and better flowing heads and exhaust, you can. Many people on here can help you with your modding. BTW to GMN.

Comment

hmmm . i dont have the money or time to do an engine swap as of now , so id like to do a buildup of bolt ons , like heads , intake manifold , heads ,camshaft , rockers lifters , throttle body and MAF .stuff like that , is that possible

Comment

camshaft? You would need the computer for the H.O engine. Doing this, you would need to dissassemble the entire top end of the engine. MAF? You'd need the MAF computer and wiring harness for it. I've been told that no box panther has the MAF except for some late 80s or early 90s or somthing MAF box Panthers in California. They're rare. You need to use the throttle body of a panther. otherwise, you have to run all that throttle linkage to the other size the way the to the passenger side. All you need to do is bore out the panther throttle body to 60mm.

Comment

what can i do as bolt on mustang parts ?

Comment

Originally posted by olskoolcrownvic89 View Post
                  what can i do as bolt on mustang parts ?
                  The H.O. upper intake, but you have to bore out the Throttle Body that you have on your car now to run it better, a lot of people bore them out to 60mm. The heads you can bolt on. Mustang shorty headers you can bolt on also.

Comment

Ah, back to the basics of what a 5.0 "nopo" really is. Here's a little page of mine briefly mentioning most of the main difference between Vic and Mustang 5.0s. So many people know so little that it took me bloody forever to figure out the differences even though I was pretty sure all along that the two five-ohs weren't really exactly the same. My list is hardly all-inclusive, and the EFI mangs here like Turbo and lincolnmania know a lot more than I ever will (and even I know a little more now than I did when I put this up), but it should hopefully be helpful to anyone who thinks their Vic has a Mustang engine: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2534364/4
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

You can use Mustang heads, cam, and intake. You will need to swap the computer to get it happy, but it does work. The pistons are cast, not forged like the Mustang stuff but unless you're going to boost or spray it, that honestly doesn't matter much. The bigger problem is that the pistons do not have valve reliefs, so you have to be real careful with changing heads and cams to make sure there is enough clearance.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

BTW, the two 4.6 SOHC engines (Vic and Mustang) aren't identical either ... might only be the cams, intake, and exhaust that are different... I'm not a 4.6 guy so I don't know the details offhand.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Read this: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=3147 It has your basic info and parts list of what you need to have a 302HO (Mustang 302) motor, minus the forged pistons.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            BTW, the two 4.6 SOHC engines (Vic and Mustang) aren't identical either ... might only be the cams, intake, and exhaust that are different... I'm not a 4.6 guy so I don't know the details offhand.
                            96+ NPI 4.6's are essentially the same between 'stangs and panthers, just like the PI 4.6's. Only differences worth mentioning (on the engine itself) would be a few non-performance alterations, depending on if it were a Windsor or Romeo engine. Certain years o' mustang had Windsor 4.6's, whereas ALL 92+ panthers had Romeos.
                            It is worth mentioning, however, that mustangs got the PI in '99, while panthers had to wait until '01.

Exhaust, tuning, and intake (not the manifold, however) differences account for the difference in HP between the cars. Oh, and 96-97 panthers had mechanical fans, reducing HP a little.
                            Yeah, I'm a 4.6 guy.

And since this is a newbie thread, to GMN!

Rob
                            1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
                            Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
                            Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

okay , so the mustang engine is not the same as the panther 5.0 . but parts from the stang motor do transfer over to the panthers , such as headers , cam , heads and manifold and if the manifold swaps over then i assume the throttle body will . unless iam wrong. but thats will get me started , until i get the funds and time to swap in a mustang 5.0 or 351 . i also plan to do rear gear swap to 4.10 posi and a bunch of other mods .

Comment

Working...
                              X