No announcement yet.

The New Guy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's not really much gain to be had with a K&N on a mod motor, anyhow. The intake isn't the bottleneck. Rear gears would be much more effective.

What do I know, I've only had my mod motored panther for 2 years and a bill from service for a new MAF. I mean you did borrow one to try on your GMC truck, and that has to count for something, right?

Comment

I'm just telling it how I experienced it. You might have had a defective filter, my mom's car has had a K&N since 06 and it hasn't had any problems with the MAF. I make sure to clean it at every oil change and it does just fine.

I wouldn't condem a part because of one issue, until it's a recurring problem.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Yeah I do have to flip the whitewalls!!
        Yeah i put the stickers on the windows.
        As for my name... no I havent been hit on the d.s. ...its the name of the band and i thought it sounded cool (as well as being my SN on steelsoldiers.com a forum for military trucks, such as the one in the background of a few of those pics (1986 Chevy M1008 1 1/4 ton 4x4 diesel pickup)
        With the k&n & my straight duals I have gained a little pickup.
        I think the next top couple things on my To Do List are: bigger sway bars, tint the windows a little bit, flip the grandpa tires, get some real tips on the exhaust, and fix the rust on the bottom of the passenger door. (should have a nice paycheck coming in a week or two)
        Anyone have any info on good sway bars?
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
        1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

I'm using Addco.

Comment

Anytime you're in Chicago let me know. Maybe I can convince you to get a box as well :smirk:

Comment

I wanted an old MGM (I had an 83 Caprice a while ago, yeah ik... lol but I miss that old school metal). But when I was looking recently I really needed a good, reliable car and couldnt find too many decent boxes up here. Yours looks awesome though!!!

Jumbo, Addco are the main ones I found/looking at. Do yours work well?
              1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
              1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Yes, I recommend them. They really do a good job.

Comment

I like the exhaust...
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks, it sounds awesome, I just want to get some bigger tailpipes to give it a little more deep rumble. I should find the camera and make a youtube vid....
                    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Working...
                    X