Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey

So, I am new here. I must say this site is cool as shit. I am a Crown Vic lover from way back. I had a 1986 Crown Victoria sedan that I loved. I was there the day my Aunt bought her off the front porch of All American Ford in Saginaw. I was the care taker of the car for years and inherited the car when my Aunt died. I kept that car mint and drove her every day.

That car got me through high school and college. There were some many road trips we took togehter I can't even begin to start reliving the moments of greatness. When I got my Bachelor's degree the CVT got retired to occasional use and Sunday drives. Finally she was retired from winter duty in Michigan.

She even took me away from the church the day I got married. She was a great car. My wife didn't see how i could love an old shoebox like her. Jealousy I suppose. It didn't take long for her to get me to sell my beloved old car.

That was nearly two years ago. The wife is gone now. That is good news. The bad news is that the old CVT is out there with a new owner. Somewhere she is waiting for me. I am in search of her though. I have a 1993 Thunderbird motor on the stand now that is going to be rebuilt for her. There's a core AOD ready for 4R70 guts and a rebuild too.

I am a man on a mission, I want my car back. The old car deserves better than to have been put out on the side of the road like that. This seems like just the place to start sharing this story. The rebirth of an old friend. A place to celebrate a CVT box with people who share the addiction.

So if you see a really nice white/white landau/grey interior 1986 CVT floating around Ithaca, MI give me a shout. She may be mine.

It's good to meet you guys!

Ben

to GMN!!

Good luck on getting her back
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome! Cool to have more Michigan mangs on GMN.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Welcome to GMN. Sounds like a good trade, a bad wife for a good car
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Sounds like a good trade, a bad wife for a good car

X2 :lol:

2 GMN!

Comment

Glad to see you're looking for a box. Sounds like it will be a solid runner.

Comment

Welcome to GMN! Hopefully your old car will turn up
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome! I have an '86 Sedan myself. Good luck on your search.

If you really want to find it, if you kept any documents with the VIN number on it, you can buy a report on it and see who the current owner of it is. Might give you an address. Just a thought. Enjoy your stay!

Comment

welcome mang welcome to gmn good luck finding your old vic

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Search in progress

The VIN search went to the Secretary of State today. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the old car is safe and sound. We'll see if she shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                        Welcome! Cool to have more Michigan mangs on GMN.
                        +1

Weird story about the wife ... mine rather dislikes old boxy cars, but has been relatively tolerant of my keeping two on hand at all times.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Greetings...
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I'm lucky....wife that loves teh box's aka ANY big loud ford
                            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Howdy and good luck!
                              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X